Thread: KHS Road Bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

KHS Road Bikes

LBS carries these.....i do not see much online in terms or reviews and such. Anyone have any experience or insight with this manufacturers road bikes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    My first road bike is a KHS, it's been very reliable and handles pretty good too. It's a flite 450, aluminum frame carbon fork+seatpost. Allowed me to learn to ride properly. Banged it around over potholes etc, still holding up fine. It even survived a car collision, but we were both very lucky there.

Right now it serves as the winter trainer, which here in BC means I'll be riding it for the next 8 months... needless to say, it will get the job of base training in the crappy weather with fenders done very adequately.

The only flaw with mine is a frame design fault, now with fenders I am experiencing toe overlap. This was noted by a review a magazine did, as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    IIRC, the contract manufacturer that KHS uses was/is the same company also doing work for Specialized.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    IIRC, the contract manufacturer that KHS uses was/is the same company also doing work for Specialized.
    They own that company, actually. KHS makes bikes for quite a few other companies. Their own designs are fairly conservative though, making them solid beginner road bikes. I personally wouldn't buy a high end KHS road bike unless I was getting a huge discount. Their MTBs seem to have a much more prominent profile.

Hai.
    Quote Originally Posted by demonrider View Post
    They own that company, actually. KHS makes bikes for quite a few other companies. Their own designs are fairly conservative though, making them solid beginner road bikes. I personally wouldn't buy a high end KHS road bike unless I was getting a huge discount. Their MTBs seem to have a much more prominent profile.
    My first mountain bike was an entry-level KHS. It wasn't the best, but it worked.
    Man up, dumb down, and do one gear.

/AYHSMB

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    John Howard rides them.