Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Koobi Xenon

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jmoryl 
#1 ·
I race road & MTB. I have been using the new Flite's recently, but after my FIFTH Flite was delivered with the right side 15 mm lower than the left I have decided to give up until they can get their quality control sorted out.
I have previously owned a Koobi PRS which I remeber was a good seat although both of mine had broken rails after only a short time. Koobi's are not imported into Australia anymore [? why] so if I were to buy a new one it would be over the net.
The Xenon should suit as a racing saddle, however according to their website they are a LOT wider than the Flites [20 mm], & most other saddles for that matter. Does anybody using these saddles find that they are too wide & get rubbing in places that shouldn't be rubbed?

#2 ·
I have three Koobi saddles: a Xenon, a Silver (older version) and the AU Chrono. They are all quite comfortable to me, with a slight edge to the Silver. I think this has to do with the latter having slightly more padding and a smooth cover without stitching. Mind you, the recent Silvers are not the same as the one I have; I think they have cheapened them. As with any saddle, you may not like them, but Koobi does get good overall feedback for comfort in the RBR reviews.

Here in the US Koobi will let you return a saddle if you don't like it - ask them if that extends to AU. Oh, if you are fed up with Selle Italia QC, you should know that Koobis appear to be made by SI (but I've not had any issues with the build).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.