RoadBikeReview Member

Kuota Kans Killowatt for Kalibur

... some of you may remember that Kuota was marketing a TT/Tri rig known as the Killowatt, that bore a striking resemblence to Argon 18's Mercury frame (unique bonding of carbon rear to alloy front triangle).

Kuota now seems to have dumped the Mercury clone for something a bit more unique.

This appears to be a full carbon monocoque and while it resembles an Issac Joule, seems to use a different headtube and rear stays (judged by pictures). Kuota's site is a bit sketchy on details, but the frame is apparently available from La Bicicletta.

On a sidenote, Issac has expanded their line to include their take on Cannondale's Six13. The Issac Force appears to use alloy seat stays bonded to a carbon frame.

http://www.isaac-carbon.com/

What offseason?
    Oh Dear.. that Kuota makes me want to give up my Orbea TT bike after 3 races.. and I won 2 of the 3 & the series so I like the bike

Yumm

although.. looking at the photo.. it looks like the headtube & fork are one piece.. wouldn't that make steering hard??

There are some specs on the German site:
    http://www.ccm-sport.de/kuota/pages/kalibur.html

If the spec is correct it's very light for a TT frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Hey Akirasho.....................

If memory serves me, you recently purchased a Ksano. Curious to get your thoughts as I am looking at the same frame. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jeff

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

No more messing around with all that steering stuff...

We've all heard of "fixed gear" bikes, maybe Kuota is introducing the first "fixed direction" bike.

[/QUOTE]
    although.. looking at the photo.. it looks like the headtube & fork are one piece.. wouldn't that make steering hard??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gray8110
    Oh Dear.. that Kuota makes me want to give up my Orbea TT bike after 3 races.. and I won 2 of the 3 & the series so I like the bike

Yumm

... dunno the specifics on the frame and fork, but know that Ksano uses an odd 1 1/4" steerer on their Kreado... the integrated design looks very organic and "almost" one piece!

Maybe it was designed for an extreme bank (90 degrees) on an extremely short indoor track (5 meters).

RoadBikeReview Member

... man plans, God laffs...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDog
    If memory serves me, you recently purchased a Ksano. Curious to get your thoughts as I am looking at the same frame. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jeff
    ... sadly, the project is on hold at the moment (health issues) so I can't give you any real feedback (I thought it'd be done over the winter)! Aesthetically, the frameset is killer!

Hopefully, I'll get everything (me and the bike) back on track soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    sorry to hear of your health issues......hopefully you will be back on the road soon.....good luck w/a speedy recovery. Regards, Jeff