RoadBikeReview Member

Lake CX236 and heel fit.

Noticed the BOA mech was on the heel, and looking at how the cable is routed it seems like heel also pulls in with the upper while tightening.

Just wanted to confirm if it really works out that way, and if the heel section's width also narrows.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    I've got two pair of Lakes, one being the CX236. The BOA system just tightens the upper section, doesn't do anything in the heel section. It does work really well though.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
    I've got two pair of Lakes, one being the CX236. The BOA system just tightens the upper section, doesn't do anything in the heel section. It does work really well though.
    Thanks for the input. Kinda had my hopes up that there was a more affordable option than the top end Sidi models that adjusted heel fit. Current situation is my size 42 Mavics are holding the heel properly but borderline too tight lengthwise and at the forefoot. A 42.5 would start feeling loose at the heel. As it is I even have the buckle all the way to the end. Might try the Lakes regardless to see how the BOA fit works out.

Pathlete and Pedalphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
    Thanks for the input. Kinda had my hopes up that there was a more affordable option than the top end Sidi models that adjusted heel fit. Current situation is my size 42 Mavics are holding the heel properly but borderline too tight lengthwise and at the forefoot. A 42.5 would start feeling loose at the heel. As it is I even have the buckle all the way to the end. Might try the Lakes regardless to see how the BOA fit works out.
    I got my pair's of Lakes when Chainlove had them on sale. Bought one pair figuring that even if I didn't care for them that much at least I didn't invest a lot of money. Turned out, I really like them. The BOA system works really well and they were pretty true to size. Equally as comfortable as my Sidi Genuis 5's. Ordered another pair when I saw them on sale again.
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?