Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 297
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,981
    I think the only reason why some people still defend Lance us because he is white. If Lance was a black guy cheating, hed get thrown under the bus completely. White America is more willing to forgive a white cheat than a black cheat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    Great dodge wasn't it? Who wants to get blown up?...lol
    Every Second of his existence has been a Dodge.

    Sad
    Oh my, a troll who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. What will they think of next?

  3. #53
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Lance and Donald are cut from the same cloth.
    I was watching one of the documentaries on Armstrong a few weeks ago, and it also struck me how he and Donald Trump have very similar personalities.

  4. #54
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    I was watching one of the documentaries on Armstrong a few weeks ago, and it also struck me how he and Donald Trump have very similar personalities.
    And yet some still worship them.

    Odd.
    Oh my, a troll who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. What will they think of next?

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGuy View Post
    Naw man just pointing out the grossly obvious racist rant and POV YOU are pitching. Don't try to wishy-washy sugar coat behind a bunch of BS. Apparently, you are also a coward too when it comes to owning up. Well, the two commonly go together.
    Thought you were leaving....... Enjoy the victory. 🙌

  6. #56
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    I think the only reason why some people still defend Lance us because he is white. If Lance was a black guy cheating, hed get thrown under the bus completely. White America is more willing to forgive a white cheat than a black cheat.
    That's considered racist. It's probably a rant but it might not be gross. Let's see what the globalist thinks shall we.. I think he'll be back.

  7. #57
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb View Post

    Kaepernick has plenty of support now and as time goes on I suspect that people will come around to see things his way. He's in the middle of this whole thing right now. Let's give it a few years and see how people feel about him then.
    Yep, all cops are racist bass turds who get up each morning hopeing for the opportunity to kill themselves a black kid.

    Actually, Kaepernick has the excuse of having been hit in the head so many times that he's senseless. The reason pro football won't ever recover has little to do with him. The trust fund babies who own these teams couldn't manage a lemonaid stand and without a backbone, the public will increasingly see them for the incompentent pukes that they are.

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    That's considered racist. It's probably a rant but it might not be gross. Let's see what the globalist thinks shall we.. I think he'll be back.
    Not racist at all. Armstrong was in a sport that for the most part is enamored by white middle age men (MAMIL). The Mamils would like to keep the fantasy going, despite knowing the truth. The human mind can reason itself out of anything.

  9. #59
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    That's considered racist. It's probably a rant but it might not be gross. Let's see what the globalist thinks shall we.. I think he'll be back.
    Man, you've got to get with the current fashion in progressive psychobabble. While it's still wrong to judge people by the color of their skin, white folks don't qualify. We are subhuman racists, islamophobes, homophobes and all other phobes-- without exception (unless you're a certified socialist).

  10. #60
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Nice standard to live by don't you think?
    I don't think it's a nice standard to live by, which I have expressed.

    It seems you misunderstood that. Does this make it more clear?


    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    i love posts like this, because they're so easy to refute with simple logic. here's current year stats:

    tiger woods pga tour money rank = 43
    tiger woods world golf ranking = 50
    tiger woods wgc finish today = 31st

    the wgc (there are four of them each year) is a who's who of the best of the best 75 golfers in the world.

    there was another pga tounament this week of all the rest, those not in the top 50 nor invited to the wgc. these 150 tour golfers are just trying to make the fedex cup. i wonder how many club pros were in that. my guess is none.
    He has done pretty well in his comeback I admit. But a guy like him will struggle with a rating of 50 in the world. To stay OT, if Lance were to come back, he would likely be 50 or so in the world as well. Lance I believe is just a bit younger than Tiger and washed up as well 'compared' to their former world beater status.

    Not sure if you watched Tiger's performance in Ohio this past weekend. His re-emergence since his back fusion surgery has shown signs of life, but did you see his performance on the weekend? He was literally gasping for air when walking the course. His gate was labored. His movement was stiff. His driving average on Sunday was much shorter than previous rounds. He can't go the distance. It will only get worse. Each comeback from all the surgeries he has had has resulted in the same outcome. We could have a long conversation about Tiger's body and why his skeleton can't hold up to the torque he has put in it for decades. He is like a passenger car with a drag car motor in it. His frame is broken and can't compete against the newest models out there. We could also dissect his swing mechanics and I could explain why his body would break down more than some other other players...like VJ Singh I mentioned or Tom Watson...or even Phil Mickleson. They all decouple their armswing from their shoulder turn. Not Tiger. He winds his body up like the mainspring of a clock and his mainspring was bound to break and it has...repeatedly.

    Watch for him at the PGA if he shows up at all after what happened this past weekend. Can Tiger still shoot 65 for the first day or so of the tournament? Yes. But his body will not hold up down the stretch competing against the best in the world at this point in his career. Would be the same for Lance.
    Last edited by 11spd; 08-06-2018 at 04:17 AM.

  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Every Second of his existence has been a Dodge.

    Sad
    I love Trump. You want Polyanna for president when all the world leaders are killers.
    You are simply ignorant. Trump has done more for American in less than two years than the past 3 presidents combined. Dubya ran America into a ditch and Obama dug the ditch deeper because he was equally clueless.

  13. #63
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    Not racist at all. Armstrong was in a sport that for the most part is enamored by white middle age men (MAMIL). The Mamils would like to keep the fantasy going, despite knowing the truth. The human mind can reason itself out of anything.
    Agree with your last sentence but ascribing any racist tribal views to Lance as he may relate to another black athlete is absurd.

  14. #64
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    Yep, all cops are racist bass turds who get up each morning hopeing for the opportunity to kill themselves a black kid.

    Actually, Kaepernick has the excuse of having been hit in the head so many times that he's senseless. The reason pro football won't ever recover has little to do with him. The trust fund babies who own these teams couldn't manage a lemonaid stand and without a backbone, the public will increasingly see them for the incompentent pukes that they are.
    Not sure you are making a cogent point other than Kaepernick is a rube, a dunce. I hope you don't believe the majority of cops are racists but no doubt many are tainted by what they see in the ghetto.

    Your last point is just flat wrong. Football is bigger than its owners. People love the gladiator sport that appeals to our primal instincts. Btw, I don't care about football personally. Football is under siege and the black lobby wanting to take a knee isn't helping. Owners are in a box. Black rich athletes want to rebel and their rebellion is bad for the football brand that white America pays for. Not easy escape from this dilemma. But what will kill football is what is killing the players...head injuries. You can't turn football into soccer without ruining its gladiator appeal. No goldielocks scenario to the rescue.

  15. #65
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    I was watching one of the documentaries on Armstrong a few weeks ago, and it also struck me how he and Donald Trump have very similar personalities.
    I believe there is some truth to that and in fact, why the world is equally divided relative to both. My personal preference is to say, I believe I understand Lance but don't like him for who he is. As to Trump, I love his policies and even his over the top personality but of course I wish he picked his battles a bit more carefully but again love his policies of deregulation, tax relief and long list of incentivizing business.

    There is no perfect person and perfect is in the eye of the beholder.

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,330
    Holy crap, it took no time at all for this to devolve into 1) personal attacks 2) racism and 3) politics!

    Maybe listen to the interview and comment on what Armstrong has to say??

  17. #67
    pmf
    pmf is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Holy crap, it took no time at all for this to devolve into 1) personal attacks 2) racism and 3) politics!

    Maybe listen to the interview and comment on what Armstrong has to say??
    It is RBR after all. The resident trolls just can't help themselves.

  18. #68
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,087
    Takes a lot to be permanently banned here. Remember:

    Roadworthy=Highdraw=11speed

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  19. #69
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    I love Trump. You want Polyanna for president when all the world leaders are killers.
    You are simply ignorant. Trump has done more for American in less than two years than the past 3 presidents combined. Dubya ran America into a ditch and Obama dug the ditch deeper because he was equally clueless.
    Then you love to be conned.

    You're hero is being played all over the World.

    It's so easy to do, just play to his ego and you own him and even better his ego thinks it has won.

    But the problem is that an ego is not a real human, it's a made up persona.

    There is no person in the WH, just an ego made up of his own thoughts.


    His Daddy destroyed the real person.


    If that's what you Love then all teh other 75% of the country can do is hope we survive this lunacy.

    Sad
    Oh my, a troll who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. What will they think of next?

  20. #70
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Then you love to be conned.

    You're hero is being played all over the World.

    It's so easy to do, just play to his ego and you own him and even better his ego thinks it has won.

    But the problem is that an ego is not a real human, it's a made up persona.

    There is no person in the WH, just an ego made up of his own thoughts.


    His Daddy destroyed the real person.


    If that's what you Love then all teh other 75% of the country can do is hope we survive this lunacy.

    Sad
    If you were a little smarter you would realize, he is playing you...the fake press.
    You are your psychobabble of daddy issues and narcissism mantra. All you have as a misguided style fairy boy. Hopefully your stem and seatpost graphics match however...lol. You can't see substance any more than any of the buildings he has built throughout the world. You glo green with envy.

    Calling you out for what you stand for...nothing other than obstructionist to sound ideas that bolster the larger good.

    37 out of 50 states voted in favor of him. Are you smarter than the American people? No. You are three std. deviations to the left of center. You are style boy with no substance.

  21. #71
    Banned forever.....or not
    Reputation: MR_GRUMPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    23,982
    Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    .
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

    I>U

    Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

    If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

    If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

  22. #72
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by goodboyr View Post
    Takes a lot to be permanently banned here. Remember:

    Roadworthy=Highdraw=11speed

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    oh, really???

  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    Agree with your last sentence but ascribing any racist tribal views to Lance as he may relate to another black athlete is absurd.
    nah you need to get out of glass house. Another example is Bonds vs. McGuire in baseball. There are many example of white NFL quarterbacks being let of the hooks for abusing their girlfriends or doing something wrong. But a black NFL or NBA player hitting their gf and now they're called thugs. If Lance was a black guy who's perceived as an ahole (eg, Bonds), there wouldn't be any talk of forgiveness for him in here. Your reality is behind glass house amigo.

  24. #74
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    nah you need to get out of glass house. Another example is Bonds vs. McGuire in baseball. There are many example of white NFL quarterbacks being let of the hooks for abusing their girlfriends or doing something wrong. But a black NFL or NBA player hitting their gf and now they're called thugs. If Lance was a black guy who's perceived as an ahole (eg, Bonds), there wouldn't be any talk of forgiveness for him in here. Your reality is behind glass house amigo.
    Acl,
    Explain why you believe I live in a glass house and you dont? Why do you believe white guys get a pass in sport and black guys dont? Systemic racism? Do you really believe Lance gets a pass? Ridiculous.
    How about OJ?...lol. What he did was a bit worse than smack her around.

    You don't believe that Tiger Woods gets a pass?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s60ebE6aBSQ

    Last edited by 11spd; 08-06-2018 at 07:42 AM.

  25. #75
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 11spd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.
    You should look up 'self fulfilling prophesy'. You mentioned Hitler...lol.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "who's a lib?" examined by the Freakonomics crew
    By Creakyknees in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
  2. the Freakonomics guy weighs in
    By Creakyknees in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
  3. Exclusive Lance Armstrong Interview on 2005 Plans!
    By 690MBCOMMANDO in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
  4. Exclusive Lance Armstrong Interview on 2005 Plans!
    By 690MBCOMMANDO in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 05:51 PM
  5. Lance Armstrong's TDF interview - repeat Sat.
    By sorebut in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 03:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.