Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

large saddle bag vs seat post rack/bag - need advice.

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  DrRoebuck 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for some opinions of a large saddle bag vs. a seat post/bag set up.
I'm looking to set this up on my Gary Fisher Mako MTB for now until I get my CX bike.
I need a bag that will hold a pair of pants, dress shirt, tie, etc. I will use it for my commute to work. I also can fit all this in a backpack, but wanted to know my other options.

Thanks all....
JP

#6 ·
Many folks here don't like back packs, but I do...to a point. I use a Camelback that I gutted. I removed the bladder and the hoses and the insulation. It's just the right size for me to carry a pair of pants & a shirt, plus all the stuff that goes in them, e.g. wallet, belt, underwear, keys, etc. My commute used to be 36 mi. round trip. I have a trunk rack with a very large bag, but I really prefer the backpack. It was cheaper, too.

#7 ·
I have two different Carradice saddlebags and they're great. But they do work better if you get that mount (I think from Orange Velo) to help support them, otherwise the backs of your legs will keep kicking them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.