Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Don't believe everything you think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    What in the world does this have to do with law enforcement?!

The guy involved was at one time employed as a police officer. He was not a police officer at the time of this incident. I would suspect that there is a good reason he is no longer in law enforcement.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post

The guy involved was at one time employed as a police officer. He was not a police officer at the time of this incident. I would suspect that there is a good reason he is no longer in law enforcement.
    Shhhhh, agendas are being pushed. You're just getting in the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Kinda shows his bad judgment. Can you imagine what he may have done while he WAS a LEO?
    formerly "backinthesaddle"

Strava is Latin for 'bench-racing"

Masters Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post

It's not like this was years in the past- the article says he was fired in May. Wow, does this guy sound like a douchebag. His buddy too.
    Officer of the Year at one point- nice.

Oh, but one of his neighbors said he didn't seem violent. I'm just shocked this article doesn't paint this as somehow the cyclists' fault!
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

RoadBikeReview Member
    I want to live in Howey-in-the-Hills

Daily Commuter
    What people need to remember is that our law enforcement and military personnel come from our society and occasionally they get some bad ones and hopefully are able to weed them out. We don't have some system of cloning the best of the best for our military and law enforcement so don't be so surprised when some of them do stupid $hit. Unfortunately they make the good ones look bad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRoubaix View Post
    It's not like this was years in the past- the article says he was fired in May. Wow, does this guy sound like a douchebag. His buddy too.
    Officer of the Year at one point- nice.

Oh, but one of his neighbors said he didn't seem violent. I'm just shocked this article doesn't paint this as somehow the cyclists' fault!
    You read a story where a guy goes bezerk, but then his neighbors say something like "he's the kindest person I've met". It really makes you wonder why so many people have this Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde duality.

That's why I don't trust people even if they appear to be nice. You just never know if they will turn into Mr Hyde.

And what the hell was the cyclist doing flipping a guy in car??? Cyclist should have just let it go. Seems to be the cyclist weren't all that smart either.

And I have observed that Americans in general are very aggressive and sometimes even violent on the road, and I'm referring to both drivers and cyclists a like. Somebody cuts them off and their it gets their blood boiling, and they feel like they have to "give the other guy a piece of their mind"... and this is when things can turn ugly quickly. When I was living in Asia people cut each other off almost all the time, and if people over there were to go "postal" every time they get cut off, it would be a warzone! Instead, people over there just wave their hands and each party will just move along.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Keep your cool when you are cycling, It can save your own life.