RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

Leg Warmer Sizing

How far up one's leg should a leg warmer be able to stretch to? (personal question, yes) I have had several pairs over the years and it seemed to me that a leg warmer should be able to cover a good portion of one's thigh otherwise the motion of pedalling will cause them to work their way down.

Ordered a set of Nike Roubaix leg warmers in size M, but they only come up to around mid-thigh. I haven't cut the tags off of them and I am wondering whether to exchange them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Try This...

...before exchanging.

To keep your leg or kneewarmers from sliding down, try positioning them as follows.
    Put your shorts on and pull up the leg-opening a bit.
    Put on the leg warmer and roll down the elasticized top-opening so that the gripper faces outward (ie. so it's not against your skin).
    Pull your shorts' leg-opening over the warmer so that its gripper is just below the rolled down section of the leg warmer. Basically, the short's elastic will now butt against the rolled-up section of the legwarmer and the leg warmer will be less inclined to drop.

SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesau
    ...before exchanging.

To keep your leg or kneewarmers from sliding down, try positioning them as follows.
    Put your shorts on and pull up the leg-opening a bit.
    Put on the leg warmer and roll down the elasticized top-opening so that the gripper faces outward (ie. so it's not against your skin).
    Pull your shorts' leg-opening over the warmer so that its gripper is just below the rolled down section of the leg warmer. Basically, the short's elastic will now butt against the rolled-up section of the legwarmer and the leg warmer will be less inclined to drop.

They should go up pretty far, about where your pants pocket ends,right up there. Put my shorts on,roll up the short leg,put on the warmer and pull down the short. You'll end up with double protection on your thigh and i've never had a warmer slip down my leg.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles

Smile Wait .. I'm confused.

Aren't they supposed to look like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leg Warmer Sizing-81_physical_111.jpg