Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010

leg warmer slipping

Maybe something wrong with my leg warmer made by Pearl Izumi, it was ok for the first couple of rides. I washed it cold just once and it is slipping down alot now and doesn't seem as tight as before.

I know use the grips of the bike shorts to hold them in, but I kind of got them for commuting where I don't have that option as I wear regular shorts. I have to pull them really high up and hope it doesn't slip down. It's not cheap and I would like to take them back if I can find the receipt.

maybe just too cold and dry and a little bit of sweat would making them hold better?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    pull them up high then lift leg and get some slack into the leggings. if the fabric is overstretched they will want to wander back to a more relaxed position. typically i start with mine about 2 inches above my ankles works for me with my PI's.

Banned forever.....or not
    Maybe you bought the wrong size?
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

banned
    May 2010
    Stapler??

Just Plain Bitter
    I would say wrong size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    How tight do you expect it to fit?

JP
    Lizzie will ride free
    Put a bead of clear silicone around the inside and outside of the top. Some companies do this for you. Works well.
    "Another shot of the 6th Street Bridge. I guess I'm feeling sentimental because word is they're going to tear it down and build a replacement." DrRoebuck

http://subterraneanhomesickrandonneurblues.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorCyclist
    I know use the grips of the bike shorts to hold them in, but I kind of got them for commuting where I don't have that option as I wear regular shorts.
    IME that would never work. In fact, I'd never think of wearing leg warmers with anything but cycling shorts. They only work that way. Why not wear long pants?

The silicone trick someone mentioned does help.

If they're too loose, you could take them in, if you're a little handy with the sewing machine. I've done that.

But again, they're made to work with cycling shorts

likes to eat donuts

try tights

Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia
    But again, they're made to work with cycling shorts
    Exactly!
    “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”
    -Groucho Marx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    I have the same leg warmers and same problem. My Sugoi knee warmers have a silicone strip and stay up perfect every time. I'm going to try the silicone tip...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I don't think they are very good, found numerous review complain of the same thing about the upper cuff falling down. I am just looking for another one with the grip built in. The material would be better for a jacket or something..

For the price they cost I didn't feel I should also add in home depot racing mod.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by louise
    Stapler??
    Just a bit harder to get of though, I wouldn't recommend it for commuting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    PI leg & knee warmers fall down. Every other PI product I've used I've liked. You'd think they'd figure it out.

Steaming piles of opinion
    Hairy or smooth?

It matters.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just ordered a pair of Sugoi pants from Performance, they were on sale for $70 and then you got another 20% off by ordering today, but the $9.00 shipping took it back up to $70 with tax.
    ----------------
    I am participating in the 2012 Tour de Cure to raise money to Help Stop Diabetes. Please Click Here to view my page or if you would like to make a donation.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I've never had any problems with my PI leg and knee warmers (I have both) and mine have the same silicone grippers that my PI shorts have.

Rub it............
    The only time I've had an issue with my leg warmers falling down is when I don't tuck them under my cycling shorts. If I get lazy and just put them on without tucking them under the short, they always slide down.

Use them the correct way, or put on a pair of tights. Problem solved.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

turtle killer.
    mine slip down, even tucked, if I'm just standing around in them. if I'm riding, they never do.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I've never had a pair of leg warmers that didn't drift down during a ride. When it comes to arm warmers, all of them but my ancient, 1980's era wool Castellis have either cut off circulation in my arms or drifted down, as well. For a while, I used toothpicks to hold the legwarmers and armwarmers in place, but I stabbed myself too many times and gave up on the idea. Now, I've abandoned legwarmers for tights. I still use those Castelli armwarmers, moth-eaten though they may be.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I exchanged the performance leg warmer and I rode 40+ miles without any problem, it's got a thick tape of silicone on it. It's not as thick as the PI and has no fleece but it works alot better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I own the Rapha leg warmers ($86) and they have never slipped down, regardless of whether I wear my lycra or my casual shorts.

gh1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    PI warmers look great in the store, dont have seams in unfortunate places and are warm. Problem is that they simply wont stay in place. Not your fault, just gotta find a different pair of knee warmers. Castelli's stay up and are warm but do have a nasty seam so you have to line up correctly.

RoadBikeRider
    This is why I wear tights...no slippage. No one mentioned this possible problem yet...legs too skinny?

RoadBikeReview Member
    If the grip area at the top of the leg/knee warmers was twice as wide, all the complaints would go away. How much could that cost PI ?
    Esp. when compared to continuing comments like these on cycling forums.

Fix Altitude in My Tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorCyclist
    ...maybe just too cold and dry and a little bit of sweat would making them hold better?
    That's what does the trick for me. They slide bit at first but once they have a bit of sweat they stay put. How cold and dry is it that you have no sweat at all forming between your leg and the tops of the warmers? Probably too big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast