RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

Lemond Propad Sizing?????

Hi,
    I have a Lemond Victoire road frame with sloping top tube. Size is a 53. (this is the same geometry as the Zurich).

I want to build up a Propad as a cross bike, but I am not sure which size to get. It is available in a 52 and a 55. It does not have the sloping top tube geometry.

I have been told that with the Propad's geometry it is adviseable to get one size up from what you normally ride with the sloping tube geometry which would be the 55 for me (the sizing skips from 52 to 55 and is not available in a 54).

What do you think? Which would be more appropriate?

My concern with the smaller frame would be that the top tube may be too short.

thanks for your help

Matt

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I have a 52 Poprad. I am 5-7 and, not having one to test ride, I did my best with internet advice and research to choose that size over the 49. I think I made the wrong choice. I barely clear the top tube and had to change out for a fairly short stem. The top tubes are fairly long on these bikes, and I was told this is somewhat on purpose. It puts you in a very old-school stretched out position that I find very difficult to ride. I really wish it were smaller. I also have a 52 Specialized Langster with more of a sloping geometry, and it fits me perfect. If I could afford the smaller frame Poprad and switch everything over, I would in a hearbeat.
    Last edited by 24601; 08-01-2007 at 11:47 AM.