RoadBikeReview Member

Lezyne customer service--does it exist?

I recently bought a Lezyne alloy floor drive pump, and the thing has a small problem. The hose leaks air where the swivel joint for the chuck is located, meaning that it's pretty much impossible to use the pressure gauge. I think that either the collar holding the hose to the chuck is not tight enough or there is a seal of some kind missing. I've wrapped the hose in plumber's tape, which was a very slight improvement.

I've called the tech support contact number several times without speaking to a real person, left voicemails, sent emails which have gone unanswered. If they have any customer service in the US, you couldn't prove it by my experience. Anyone else have a better way to handle this?
    Arguments among misinformed people do not constitute a "debate."
    --Kerry Irons

"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
    --BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105

RoadBikeReview Member
    Take it back to the LBS you bought it from & swap it. At least that's what I'd do and I know my LBS would do that for me. Let them handle the supplier. If you bought it online, that's one of the risk of buying online. Unless you got it from CC.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Troubling story. Not the first time I have read something like this about Lezyne. The company makes good products but until I read more positive statements about their customer service, I will look elsewhere.

RoadBikeReview Member

Lezyne customer service--does it exist?

I purchased it online at theclymb.com. I could return it but I'd rather handle it more expeditiously if possible.
    --Kerry Irons

--BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105

banned
    Contact them through their website and use the form they provide. I don't think they answer the phone even though they list a phone number. I tried to reach them a couple of years ago and they did not get back to me. I then tried a few months ago expecting no reply and they did get back to me days later. I sent their form listed below to them on this Lezyne link. It was a question about the warranty period on a pump I purchased.

Please post back what happens in a week or when or if they get back to you.

Contact

RoadBikeReview Member
    As it happens, I just got off the phone with a nice man who said yes, there was a problem with that joint for a while and that he would send me out the replacement item today. He didn't know why my query took so long to reach him but seemed eager to make things right.

I'll post once it arrives how the replacement works. He seemed confident the replacement would do the job.
    --Kerry Irons

--BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105

Hi
    May 2010
    Good to hear they responded. I have the same pump, so let us know if it worked.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just to follow up on this, Lezyne sent me a new hose junction for my alloy floor drive, and it fixed the problem. As I suspected, the original threaded collar had been milled a little too large so the junction was not sealing properly with the hose. The replacement works perfectly.

It's a good pump--like so many of Lezyne's offerings, the engineering is top-notch. Nice to see they took care of the execution on my pump too.
    --Kerry Irons

--BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Great news. I've had good luck with their stuff so far, I would have hated to find that their service after the sale was lacking..

banned
    I hope my Lezyne floor pump doesn't have the same problem down the road. One thing I learned the hard way is you have to lubricate the nozzle that goes over the Presta valve. A few weeks ago mine stuck to the valve and I ruined three tubes. This is my style with the wood handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisophous View Post
    Contact them through their website and use the form they provide. I don't think they answer the phone even though they list a phone number. I tried to reach them a couple of years ago and they did not get back to me. I then tried a few months ago expecting no reply and they did get back to me days later. I sent their form listed below to them on this Lezyne link. It was a question about the warranty period on a pump I purchased.

Please post back what happens in a week or when or if they get back to you.

Contact
    I recently contacted them through this link on their website with a question about a floor pump of theirs I have. I immediately got an auto response email saying "someone will be in touch within 2-3 days". Two weeks later and still no follow up.

I'll be looking elsewhere for bike accessories in the future. This is completely unacceptable.
    2013 Felt Z4 56cm
    1990 Basso Loto 56cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    My lezyme floor pump had a bad gauge and I sent them an email through the website. It took a while but they responded and sent me out a new gauge. Everything is fine now but I think if I need a new pump I will buy a Silca. Kind of expensive but all the parts are easy to come across.