RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

Limar 707 Helmet Sizing

Anyone out there have a Limar 707 helmet? I am curious as to the sizing, The Small Medium size runs 21 1/4 inches and the L/ XL runs 22 7/8 to 24. That is a huge range. My measurement comes in at 22.8 inches. If there is anyone out there who has been in a similar predicament, it would be great to hear. I have read in other posts that these helmets are a bit less round and better for oval shaped heads... They would equate them to a Specialized type helmet and when I tried the decibel the Medium was extremely tight and the Large was a bit too large.. Any help would be great...

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

I take it you are buying online....

Quote Originally Posted by Philaka
    Anyone out there have a Limar 707 helmet? I am curious as to the sizing, The Small Medium size runs 21 1/4 inches and the L/ XL runs 22 7/8 to 24. That is a huge range. My measurement comes in at 22.8 inches. If there is anyone out there who has been in a similar predicament, it would be great to hear. I have read in other posts that these helmets are a bit less round and better for oval shaped heads... They would equate them to a Specialized type helmet and when I tried the decibel the Medium was extremely tight and the Large was a bit too large.. Any help would be great...
    My understanding is that the 707 is the next generation of the 107, my current and previous helmet. Still use it, just got a 909 and have not tried it out yet. The fit system of the 107 was such that the headband inside that fits around your head has a ratcheting buckle that adapts to your head by tightening down as you cinch it tight. That band is interl-laced with webbing that is part of the retention system. My 107 normally had to be tightened down a second time after it became wet with sweat. I would go with the smaller helmet, if it does not work out then send it back and go bigger. I really liked my 107 except that the rivets that held the buckle system rusted out and the buckle came off. I took it to a shoe repair place and had new rivets installed but they too are rusting, so I figured it was time for a new lid. 909 has a very good retention system, best I've come across, it is actually part of the exterior shell and skin.