RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Liquid Eyewear Sunglasses with prescription inserts

http://www.liquidpolarized.com/index.html

Anyone using Liquid Eyewear sunglasses with prescription inserts for road cycling?

What is your prescription? Do you have an astigmatism?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Anybody? My current pair is broken and I am forced to purchase new.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I ordered the frames and will get them measured and then order the prescription lenses. These folks are easy to talk to and were very straightforward and helpful with my decision. I will give a review when I have some experience.

Just Plain Bitter
    Nothing there I would wear while riding honestly. Couple of pairs i might wear casually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't like inserts because of the added reflections from all the surfaces, fogging etc.. I go to an optometrist and look on what they have on hand or in their frame catalogs to find suitable frames that will work directly with my prescription lenses.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I have been wearing a pair of Gaskets now for a couple of years and love them.

First of all, they accomodate my prescription which I could not find with any other wraparound style frame. Next the LTD is phenomenal; I can ride in the sunnies Summer conditions and on my night, Winter rides using the same lense. Next the foam inserts keep them from fogging in the Winter. Really pleased overall with my purchase.

The durability is also amazing. Solid aluminum frames make the chance of breaking nearly impossible.

The negative is that the non-folding feature is a little unhandy but less so as I got used to them. They are also not cheap but comparable in price to Sports Optical ::: Sunglasses, Prescriptions Sunglasses and Exclusive 'Direct Lens Technology' which is the only other source for a lense with my prescription in a wraparound frame.