RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Long Sleeve Jersey

I have been looking for a long sleeve jersey for the upcoming winter, but they are all so ugly. This is the best I could find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long Sleeve Jersey-bikegallax4%5B1%5D.jpg  

Rollin' Stones
    Jeez, that is kinda ugly. Check this out for a nice looking jersey:
    http://www.velowear.com/products/1010436PRTSML.aspx
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Don't buy a long sleeve jersey (to actually wear in cold weather) that doesn't have at least a 3/4 length zipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Incredibly slow
    Feb 2005
    Check chucksbikes.com, online store, other for this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long Sleeve Jersey-big_cl027-1.jpg  

Alcohologist
    Sep 2008
    What I wore this morning http://www.rei.com/product/772301 - top was nice and warm - but I really need to invest in some full finger gloves. My fingers were frozen after riding.

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    They're very hard to find. I've been thinking about doing a permanent switch to never worry about tan lines again.

But the majority of them are MTB jerseys and are too loose for me to show off my anorexic ways.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

I Type, Therefore I Am
    I have this in red (as in the picture). I love it!

http://bicycling.about.com/od/clothi...goi_shelby.htm
    "Wind doesn't suck, it blows." - my friend Bill
    "Knowin' the time ain't gonna get me there quicker" -Fear

RoadBikeReview Member
    i personally always like short sleeve jerseys and warmers... then a vest if it gets really cold with a jacket. i do sometimes end up carrying alot of crap if the day gets warm though,

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I have a nice Hincape LS jersey and a vintage PI US Postal LS jersey. Both have full zips and are very warm. I wore the Hincape (my favorite) this morning at 49 degrees and it was perfect. Both were E-Bay finds and in mint condition. Look around, there are far better looking options than what you found.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Pearl Izumi Kodiak jerseys are nice. If you want wool try this:

http://circlecitybicycles.com/jerseys/woolj.htm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Pearl Izumi thermafleece armwarmers, campy wool jersey,good down to high50's. add a vest down to mid-high 40's.
    I just purchased from performance a louis garneau longsleeve jersey yellow with black with yellow that feels same as pearl's thermafleece. very good for colder weather with vest and knee/legwarmers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi

Check out www.rapha.cc for some truly beautiful & understated LS jerseys (they make a nice 'cross jersey in partnership with Independent Fabrication). I have one of their sportwool jerseys; costly, but incredibly well made and loaded with nice details.

customusertitle.
    I just picked up one of these which I think is going to work out well once the temp dips:
    http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...=1023200/444.0

I also wore a Pearl Izumi Kodiak with a vest most of last winter. Performed great except for the coldest days:
    http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...uct_id=1321814
    'If I had a hammer...I'd hammer your face.'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Buy a Swobo or Ibex merino wool.
    I honestly have no idea how so many roadies think that what they wear is cool.
    I usually wear baggie clothing when I ride just so I don't fit in with that group.

Anyway, Swobo or Ibex makes a great product and the look great as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I like the Pearl Izumi Kodiak jerseys as well. You can buy them for decent prices if you shop around. For really cold weather, I picked up some PI Gavia and Vector jerseys/jackets last winter, and they are excellent.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well I think that's a very handsome jersey, but If you want a more understated (read- boring) look you can opt for a plain long sleeeved jersey, and there are plenty of them out there. PI Kodiak is one example. Also Castelli makes a long sleeved jersey with a full length zipper and a very road bike specific cut (long in back, short in front, and long arms). I have one, and I like it. Idon't know what model it is. It fits terribly off the bike but great on the bike and it's best worn with bib pants due to the short front.
    "I think you need bigger tires, I guess roadies like that vibration in their ass"
    -Quoted from Bikerag.com, a mountain bike site.

He who spit-shines his bust of Plato is waxing philosophic"
    -Tom Batiuk

zac
    If you don't mind the Hammer Nutrition logos, these are about the most inexpensive you will find. And they are Voler's best.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/za/HN...YCLING,Cycling

If you need a referral PM me.