All I wanted was a Pepsi!

Mavic Shoes...who has some?

I'm looking to get some new slippers and the gaudy yellowness of the Mavic Zxellium and Huez models are calling to me. I read somewhere they have sort of a funky fit (whatever that means) and that they run large and have a narrow toe box.

Anybody have any experience?
    Last edited by lemonlime; 04-12-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

RoadBikeReview Member
    I own a pair of the Mavic avenir shoes and love them. The toe box is a little narrow (especially for my wider feet) but I have never had any real issue with foot numbness. They fit comfortably, look good, and perform well so you will find no complaint from me on Mavic shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by BicycleBastard View Post
    I own a pair of the Mavic avenir shoes and love them. The toe box is a little narrow (especially for my wider feet) but I have never had any real issue with foot numbness. They fit comfortably, look good, and perform well so you will find no complaint from me on Mavic shoes.
    Thanks! Did you find sizing true? I'm 400 miles from the closest dealer so can't try them on first.
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

Slightly Opinionated
    They run a little bit narrow, but seem to fit true to size otherwise. I wear a 9.5 in both the Mavics and in dress shoes.

They are narrower than my Sidis were, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a pair that I like. will have to check size later when I get home.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Slightly Opinionated
    I'll also say that they are a bastard to keep clean...
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I use them as well. Just for another reference, the shoe I used previous to this shoe was the Diadora ProRace carbon. The Zxellium has a much wider toe box fwiw. They come in white if you don't like the yellow...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Love them! Tried, Sidi and a bunch of others, but the Mavic's fit my narrow foot the best. Also, the other shoes seemed to have a deeper toe box, e.g. lots of room above my foot.

Side note: The shop had the white ones in my size. I said "They're great. Please order these in gray." I think white and bright yellow shoes are ridiculous. Until I'm sponsored by Ringling Bro's... I'll stick with black or grey shoes. ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    Love them! Tried, Sidi and a bunch of others, but the Mavic's fit my narrow foot the best. Also, the other shoes seemed to have a deeper toe box, e.g. lots of room above my foot.

Side note: The shop had the white ones in my size. I said "They're great. Please order these in gray." I think white and bright yellow shoes are ridiculous. Until I'm sponsored by Ringling Bro's... I'll stick with black or grey shoes. ;-)
    The Zxellium and Huez only come in white and yellow. Which shoe? Personally, I could care less what color my shoes are just if they perform. With that said, I hate, hate, hate white bikes for some reason. Funny thing is I own a white and red bike but, the price was right and the performance is more important than appearance here for me as well. Anyhoo, my yellow shoes look better dirty like my white bar tape. Going for the bad ass look I guess.

m_s
    oh lonesome road for you
    I have a pair of mountain shoes from them (I think the cheapest pair that comes with a buckle, they were maybe 100 bucks on sale). They're wearing out, but I love them. I have narrow feet and the fit is better than anything else I've used. They're also pretty light for the price point. Noticeably lighter than my previous Shimanos at least.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonlime View Post
    Thanks! Did you find sizing true? I'm 400 miles from the closest dealer so can't try them on first.
    Yes, they seem true to size

Quote Originally Posted by woodys737 View Post
    I use them as well. Just for another reference, the shoe I used previous to this shoe was the Diadora ProRace carbon. The Zxellium has a much wider toe box fwiw. They come in white if you don't like the yellow...
    Thanks for the input.

No, no, I want the yellow ones! I think they'll look great with my pink Lounge kit.

Slightly Opinionated
    Thanks for the input.

No, no, I want the yellow ones! I think they'll look great with my pink Lounge kit.
    To confirm: they look freakin' awesome.

banned
    Oct 2001
    I was always in between sizes w/ mavic and I finally found a good fit- w/ the zxenon shoe (woman's shoe). I was between a 7.5 & 8 w/ the men's shoes, but the 8.5 in women's fits perfectly. I also like the shoe being all white w/ no yellow or black accents.

Even still, they're a 2nd pair to my bont vaypor shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the input.

Sweet! Green helmet?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I bought my Zxelliums on sale online from the USA. I live in Canada. As far as I could tell at the time there were no dealers within 200 miles of my house. They were 60% off, with a no questions asked return policy so I gambled on the shipping and handling fees. 2 weeks later my LBS had some (oops).

I knew they were related to Adidas. Adidas fit a bit tight for me so I ordered 46 and 2/3 instead of 46. They fit, they are comfortable, they are stiff on the sole. They are light and I like them. The straps are cool and the buckle works well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I got a pair of zxelliums in white and I love them. They fit true to size. I am thinking of getting another pair in yellow when I feel like standing out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just received a pair of Huez in yellow. They are too narrow for me in the toe box and its somewhat pointy shoe. Looked odd on my feet with the straps seems bunched up and way too long. Any larger size would be too long. I'll stick with my DMTs and NWs for now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    a bit narrow and I bought 9 in zxellium (42 2/3) but in sidi, diadora and louis garneau I wear 9.5... in mavic 9 is ok,
    2009 Cannondale caad 9 BB30 Team (sram red)
    2008 Cannondale caad 9 (dura ace) sold
    2007 Cannondale caad 8 (ultegra) sold
    2007 Cannondale six 13 team bb30 (sram red)
    2006 Opus vivace (ultegra) sold

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think I might get a pair some day. I like my Sidis, but something lighter for climbing days never hurt anyone.

Some think the yellow is gaudy. I think it advertises pimpness.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a pair of the Huez. They are really, really light. Mavic shoes are getting more and more popular in my circles.

Two idiosyncrasies. First, they're often advertised in UK sizes, which are different from American sizes. I wear a 45.5 in Shimano and 46 in Sidi, but my Huez are UK 10.5 (labeled inside the shoe as UK 45-1/3) and they're definitely not too small. Second, the complete lack of padding in the upper means I have to leave the center strap pretty loose or the top of my foot starts to hurt. That's not really a problem for me but maybe for someone else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have Zxellium Ultimates. Very good fit and pretty good quality. the carbon heel cup have been poked at a few times but never broke loose.

however, on a slightly OT note, my freakin' feet keep shrinking or something. One day my 44 LG's felt too big, then I moved on to 43 Northwave's, then now these 42-2/3 Mavics have too much space. Same has been going for my regular shoes. Wtf. But if I have the opportunity to buy these again in a smaller size, I so would.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Have you lost 100 lbs or so lately?
    Arguments among misinformed people do not constitute a "debate."
    --Kerry Irons

"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
    --BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105