RoadBikeReview Member

Mavic Zxellium + Specialized BG Fit insole combo?

I've googled this but the old thread at bikeforums didn't have any responses with experience.

I'm just wondering if anyone tried/did this, and if there's a sizing discrepancy. I'm considering the green BG insoles as the arch support with the Mavic Ergo Fit have always seemed a bit flat. It's not enough to yield pain, but there's room for improvement.

Slightly Opinionated
    I use the blue ones in my Zxelliums. No problem at all. You may have to trim the toe end of the insole to fit, but otherwise it's no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii View Post
    I use the blue ones in my Zxelliums. No problem at all. You may have to trim the toe end of the insole to fit, but otherwise it's no problem.
    Thanks.

Despite me kinda not liking some of Specialized's actions as of late, the insole and shim fit package just seems like an undeniably good idea.

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
    Thanks.

Despite me kinda not liking some of Specialized's actions as of late, the insole and shim fit package just seems like an undeniably good idea.
    Sort of the same thing here: I can't stand the company, but they do put a lot of R&D into biomechanics research as it relates to cycling.

The insoles are the only thing of theirs that I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Coolio. Just any future lurkers'/posters' reference: I have 42 2/3 size Zxelliums, but opted for the 43-44 BG insoles. Original seemingly match up perfectly where the marked 43 cut line is. Though I noticed there's a 44 cut mark. I guess suggesting the insole is actually a little bigger, maybe about quarter-size more in case of size discrepancies between brands or something.

In general the BG green soles served me right. Also found myself running +1.5 varus shims. No more of that weird inward collapsing feeling under pedaling force that came with the old insoles, which to be fair partly came with wearing them down I guess.