Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    It's more about cash flow than interest. I mean what is interest in a liquid account these days, around 0.01%?
    I can get 0.70% locally for a basic account. But yeah, it's way low. That said....

What's the extra profit for selling one fewer olive per jar? It depends on how many jars you sell.

Will such a technique of delaying payment bring in more money when interest rates rise? Yes. Does it take anything in terms of effort to leave such a process in place, and bank the interest no matter what that rate is? Nope.

It's a set it and forget it minor source of income.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Cranky Old Bastard
    So you paid $150 for a pair of wheels. Then they broke and they sent you another pair. You used the wheels for about 20 months until the second pair failed.
    Then they blocked you as a customer and are sending you your original $150 back.
    So if their cost was $100 per set of wheels they are out $350.

It is strange that they blocked you, I've never heard of any company doing that.
    "When you know absolutely nothing, anyone who knows 1% more than nothing sounds like an expert."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    So you paid $150 for a pair of wheels. Then they broke and they sent you another pair. You used the wheels for about 20 months until the second pair failed.
    Then they blocked you as a customer and are sending you your original $150 back.
    So if their cost was $100 per set of wheels they are out $350.

It is strange that they blocked you, I've never heard of any company doing that.
    That is certainly the risk of putting a forever warranty on something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    they're basically cashing me out the 2nd go around on the warranty and won't do an exchange. I haven't seen it yet, but customer service is telling me there's a check in the mail. I would have assumed a CC refund, so I"m not sure what the check is about. on top of that the letter states they are closing my account (which is a meaningless response) with instructions to use an LBS (from a business standpoint is a terrible response)...the whole thing is odd.
    Got it, they honored the warranty, youíre getting a refund on the 2nd pair of wheels and they donít want you as a customer.

Something odd in all this and my instincts tell me itís not at Nashbars end.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I sent a pair of pedal back to them that I used 10 times (and hated) 2 years after I bought them. I got store credit, but hey, it was something. I got nice AOS softshell jacket at half off with the credit. It was a nice deal all the way around
    It's a fire road.............
    I'm on a road bike..........

They have enough in common to blast down it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    I've bought and return several items from Nashbar and have never had an issue with them refunding my money or providing an exchange. The only thing I'm tracking is that if you use their return label they will deduct $7.99 for the label fee.
    2016 Fuji SL 2.3
    2016 Giant Toughroad SLR
    2014 Marin Bocat Trail 29er

RoadBikeReview Member
    OP,
    My question is...how much do you weigh and are you a high watt rider? Do you ride a lot in the rain? What is your track record with previous wheelsets?...have you broken spokes before?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12