Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbies: Introduce yerselves HERE

202K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  vmotorman 
#1 · (Edited)
RBR Newbies: Introduce yerselves HERE

Since it was pointed out - in a 7 year old thread that was dredged up - that there is no "Intro" thread for n00bs to the site, how about doing so here?

Reactions: D. W. Davis
#3 ·
Hi, my name is Kurt. I am a professional firefighter, amateur photographer and general bike nut. I spent the last few years working in a shop part time till the birth of my daughter who is now 9 months old. I have been cycling for almost twenty years now and like most have been on again off again with the bike. Now with my daughter I find it is a great way to get out and relax. It is nice to have a little quiet time. I really miss wrenching in the shop but the upside is I have lots more time for riding. Hope to get to know some of you and contribute to the forum a bit.

#6 ·
I'm a member of an eating club and have a cycling disorder...

#35 ·
Done- welcome to RBR new posters! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Hi. I'm Rob.

I'm a member of a drinking club with a cycling problem. I'm a grump asshat. I brew beer, ride bikes and generally have a dim view of humanity.

Narf.

#133 · (Edited)
Hi, I am an entertaining person looking to join clubs of people who like cycling and beer. I like grumpy people. They usually have interesting hobbies. I am pretty grumpy. Some people mistake me for a pessimist, but that is not the case. Maybe that is why I am grumpy.

I am a stay-home-dad, and biking with my kid is my favorite activity right now, otherwise I am pretty bored. I like (anti-)religious humor, off road sports, heavy metal, target shooting, and cooking. I drove diesel trucks for 5 years so I am glad to be back home a lot and on bikes. What a crappy job.

Oh well, good to be back home in TX (Dallas/Rockwall closest thing anybody probly ever heard of).
https://www.texas-on-line.com/graphic/ctytexas.gif

#11 ·
I'm Matt, and I'm starting to hate bike shops, online and locally.

It seems my LBS isn't interested in selling me a bike (long story), and I've had 2 screwups with online retailers in the past week on bike purchases.

Looking for a good deal on a carbon bike with SRAM Force to do some training on before my MTB season starts

Oh, and I don't have a cycling or drinking/eating problem (still in denial)

#22 ·
Hello all, I'm a neewb, oh I'm only kidding, been riding since 1982, but since I never raced, and never joined bike group, officially I'm a neewb. I just enjoy riding for the sake of riding, have no desire to race, or ride in a large group. I don't mind if that is what other cyclists enjoy doing, I just really enjoy going solo, kind of my own form of meditation, and recharge the old batteries after dealing with raising a family.

#27 ·
Not everyone new to the site is new to cycling - so, no.

#25 ·
Been cycling 60 years but new to the forum

Started with a Schwinn at 7 in Pittsburgh. Ran in to some fellow on my first ride and been running in to things ever since. Now have a Trek hybrid and a 64cm Specialized Secteur Comp. I'm a Clydsdale. Used to just ride to work and the store now I try to ride 15 miles at 15 mph daily. Live in Central Florida next to a 15 mile (round trip) bike trail. Fun. Hi.:)

#29 ·
Do you have 7 bikes or is one of your bikes a Seven?

Or maybe you have 5 kids. Hmmm....

#31 ·
Sometimes you drive me apesh*t...

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.