Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbies: Introduce yerselves HERE

202K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  vmotorman 
#1 · (Edited)
RBR Newbies: Introduce yerselves HERE

Since it was pointed out - in a 7 year old thread that was dredged up - that there is no "Intro" thread for n00bs to the site, how about doing so here?

Reactions: D. W. Davis
#1,020 ·
Hello twowheelnut,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our General Cycling Discussion forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of the roadbikeREVIEW.com forums now!
Hello! I can't really hope to contribute too much, but it looks like a place where a studious nut could learn quite a bit. Thank you all for hosting this place!
Just got back into cycling regular about two years ago. Had a Schwinn Peloton I bought back in '85 and then built a Fondriest Carbon Lex 9/2010. Last night I joined the race-day-bike club by picking up a Cervelo SLC-SL. No excuses! First event of the year for me is a local Century on May 12th, then it's time to Climb to Kaiser on June 30th. :thumbsup:

#1,023 ·
Hello All! Im also new to the sport of cycling. Just before winter I purchased a 2011 Centurion Cross Line 200 (Hybrid) because I wasn't sure what I really wanted to get into MTB or Road. I realized that I like road more so this week I picked up a 2011 Scott Addict R3, very different from the Hybrid... I'm loving it so far I have to find some clipless pedals and shoes next. I'm Military (22 yrs and going) currently stationed in Germany, I am looking forward to riding in a couple of RTF's they the Germans do here. I'm in it for the sport and cardio, all these years of running is taking a toll.
I look fwd to learning a lot from this forum!

#1,024 ·
Hello, I have just moved to Princeton, NJ and very excited to start riding. I'm always looking forward to upgrade my bike and give me a new one. My old bike is a entry-level road bike and im contemplating between bianchi Infinito and cervelo r3. Please let me know if you have any other model&brand to recommend me or your opinion about this two bikes.
Thanks ,

#1,025 ·
Hello, not new to cycling but just getting back into it after a long time. I've done a couple of metric centuries in the past, some mountain biking and triathlons. I've been moslty running the last 6 years or so and completzed 4 slow marathons and a few halves. Hoping to get into shape for a metric in the fall and maybe some more triathlons. My current bike is a Giant OCR 3 bought off of Craigslist but considering a steel frame.

#1,026 ·
NooB

I've been reading the forum for a few week and finally registered and took the plunge on a new bike yesterday. Went with the Specialized Crux Elite. I did a quick 2 mile loop around the neighborhood this morning before the rain. A few observations...

I have a really hard time keeping the bike going in a straight line

Padded shorts are needed or my seat is terrible

My street is not a safe place to ride because people go twice the speed limit

#1,028 ·
Hey everyone, I just joined the site today.. mainly because my dad let me have his 1970's Avanti 10 speed.. I'm currently a freshman in college and will be living on my own this summer doing a business internship. I'm going to restore the bike myself this summer because it will be way cooler to say I did it myself and will give me something to do and keep me busy. I'm joining here mainly for help on which parts to order and how to upgrade the bike to get it to be fun to ride and exercise on nice days. Thanks for all of your help in advance and I hope we can get this thing looking sweet again!

#1,029 ·
New here as well. I have been cycling seriously for about 4 years, both mountain biking and on the road. No racing, but really enjoy being on the bike. Just got my first carbon bike (Felt Z5) after riding aluminum. I can't get over how smooth the ride is!

#1,037 ·
Hi,
I'm Andras from Hungary, currently living in the beautiful English countryside on the edge of Hampshire (near Wessex and Surrey).
After 2 years of spinning class in the gym decided to go for a real bike so bought a Felt F5. (also have a Mountain Bike in Hungary but might be quite dusty as haven't used it for 15 years now...)
I'm so much amazed by the cycling culture here in the UK and by the lot's of nice people I met so far on my journey.

#1,038 ·
Buna/Hello tuturor/everybody!

Hello there, american cyclists!
:rolleyes:
I'm Gabriel from Romania(Buzau county for the really curios ones), I'm a cyclist since 1993 , a motorcyclist since 2005 and I hate cars (I really do/I don't drive them) :D
My present "ride"/bicycle is a recently "found in a old friend's barn" CILO road bike from 1980!
More about it another time!
Cheers from Romania!

#1,041 ·
Hey everybody,

Recently got into road cycling. Have been in MTB for a while. Realized that I was riding my MTB on roads almost exclusive so made the jump to the other side. Got I new bike and slowly building up on accessories. Having a blast doing so.
Been a long time lurker so thank you for all the good advice

#1,042 ·
Hello, I am a newb here.
My name is Alan and I have been back riding consistently for the past 2 years.
I ride a Lemond Buenos Aires with mostly campy Veloce components.
I hope to ride a century for the first time next year.

This is a great web site.

Thanx to all of you in advance for your great advice.

#1,046 ·
Hi,
I'm Scott, new to the forum, been cycling forever, but I called it biking and it was just to get around town. Got a road bike a couple years ago and have been hooked. Don't get a chance to ride nearly as much as I'd like to as I've got a 2 year old and 3 year old at home. I just get out for fitness, but would love to start riding with others as soon as I have some time.

Trying to increase my post count as well so I can PM.
-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.