RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006

niterider rebel 8 and power?

Just curious. "Virtual Power Meter" for under $200. Just wondering what people's experience with this product is and/or what people's thoughts are on the virtual aspect of the power meter.

http://www.niterider.com/computer_rebel8.shtml

steve

corning my own beef
    Quote Originally Posted by daxiang28
    Just curious. "Virtual Power Meter" for under $200. Just wondering what people's experience with this product is and/or what people's thoughts are on the virtual aspect of the power meter
    A VIRTUAL meter (of any kind) will leave you wishing you'd done VIRTUALLY anything but bought the dammed thing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Oh hai there
    I have the Rebel 8.0 and while I like most everything about it the "power" is pretty much a joke. It uses cadence and speed to calculate power. I can tell you I am surely putting out more power climbing a 12% grade at 8mph than going down that same hill spinning 100rpm, the computer says otherwise though. Check your PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    thanks for the info guys. i think i'll pass.

Night Rider
    Got the NiteRider rebel 5.

Worked great! For a day at least. Main unit can't seem to find the sensors now.

Altimeter is not accurate (not surprising). Power meter is lame.

I have two NiteRider lights and love them, I was looking for a wireless cyclocomputer that wouldn't get interference from the lights. Oh well.