Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    No, I have not. Would consider it with the Sativa one guy here speaks highly of.
    But gunk in your airways cannot be good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Then we can assume that you are also adamantly against the use of handlebar mounted GPS devices or cellphones using apps like "Map My Ride" or "Strava"?

After all, a moment's inattention might cause someone's death.
    I don't use these, but if I did, I would only check the screen when it is safe to do so. That's the difference. With screens you can choose to be safe. When stoned you are eliminating the option of choosing to be safe.
    “Man may trust man, Prince Elric, but perhaps we'll never have a truly sane world until men learn to trust mankind. That would mean the death of magic, I think.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Wow - I go riding to get a natural high, I don't need to get high to go riding...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TmB123 View Post
    Wow - I go riding to get a natural high, I don't need to get high to go riding...
    I admire you, sir

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    I was gonna go for a ride, but..

https://youtu.be/WeYsTmIzjkw

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Just in case you guys don't know my opinion on this subject..

https://youtu.be/OFGgbT_VasI

RoadBikeReview Member
    This
    Too old to ride plastic

Forever a Student
    That only lasts for a few hours after the ride.

What about the other 21 hours of the day?
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    That is one enduring fact that stuck with me over the years! So true. Get the heart rate up, endorphins kick in, and the road is yours!

MM, two tokes will loosen up the mind before the ride. It'll wear off in the next 20 minutes and you'll be in the zone. Save the stuff for later that night when you have to rehab those muscles. Cannabis has subtle pain relieving properties.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 03-09-2017 at 11:50 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

I just read an article that claimed athletes have a better time smoking grass than non-athletes because we're already used to, and craving, the endorphin rush and that our repeated exposure to the rush results in an increase in our naturally occurring THC receptors.

Maybe you should try it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    while riding?
    I didn't realize that it was ever illegal to be stupid?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Then we can assume that you are also adamantly against the use of handlebar mounted GPS devices or cellphones using apps like "Map My Ride" or "Strava"?

Good point. What strain of weed is it that allows the user to control if he's stoned or not being glancing down or not?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why would you call it a 'need'?? Like you presume there exists some dependency or character flaw involved (ie prejudice). You also don't 'need' to use disc brakes either, nor ride on carbon, use Strava nor put electrolyte in the water bottle either.

never tried weed before a ride myslef. might be worth a try if I 'want' to some day, not because I 'need' to (heck have only tried the stuff twice in my life)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    That only lasts for a few hours after the ride.

What about the other 21 hours of the day?
    Why do you need to be high all day? Is your life really that shitty and unfulfillng that you need to get high to escape from it?
    I was just surprised at the number of comments where people seemed to need to have a smoke before enjoying a ride. Different strokes and all that I guess.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Why do you need to be high all day? Is your life really that shitty and unfulfillng that you need to get high to escape from it?
    I was just surprised at the number of comments where people seemed to need to have a smoke before enjoying a ride. Different strokes and all that I guess.
    I must've missed those comments. I don't remember reading where anyone said they "need" to get high to do anything.

Some of us just enjoy adding a little extra "oomph" to our fun experiences. Doesn't mean that we "need" anything to do them. I had a 3 year window where I didn't use marijuana and I continued with every other aspect of my life just as I did before and since.

How do you feel about people who drink coffee? It tends to make me jittery and lacking in focus. I usually don't drink it before bike rides but I don't denigrate the degenerate addicts that do.
    Last edited by dir-t; 03-09-2017 at 02:04 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    So...rather than "couchlock" we now have a "bikelock" :-)
    I am probably the last person to have received an email from Sheldon Brown! A very nice gentleman.

2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite Triple
    105 Shifter/derailleurs
    FSA Gossamer Triple MegaExo
    BWW Blackset Race 11 wheels
    Continental Gators 25c
    Kool Stop Salmon brake pads
    Cateye Strada Double Wireless CC-RD400DW
    Sigma PC-9 HRM
    RADBOT-1000 rear strobe flasher
    Blaze 1/2w LED headlight

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I feel like riding a bike after a few tokes or a beer or two is not dangerous.

Now, riding with an endorphin buzz could be lethal.

a real member's member
    I don't need to get high to go riding...
    do you also interrupt those having wine with dinner, letting them know you can enjoy a meal without the need to drink alcohol? does it make you feel good or superior? does that kind of behavior give you a "natural high"?
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Good point. What strain of weed is it that allows the user to control if he's stoned or not being glancing down or not?
    With weed, one can go along stoned and happy and immediately "go straight" when an emergency comes up. The mental equipment is not impaired. One can easily apply himself to meet the challenges. I drive really well "under the influence." Senses open up and situational awareness is enhanced.

Alcohol works exactly the opposite. Drunks don't give a damn. They get dopey, lose motor control, and crash. If a stoner smoked that much weed, he'd fall asleep on the couch and wake up hours later refreshed, no hangover. Weed is right above caffeine in addictive properties. It just isn't that big a deal.

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Well, in my college years a couple of friends and I tried to smoke a joint while riding. We quickly realized that the joint was burning way too fast due to the wind created by our riding pace. We decided to stop and finish it before continuing.
    You need(ed) a bicycle bong, mounted on the handlebars.

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002

Totally opposed to anything distracting me from enjoying my ride.
    Stuff that Garmin/Strava/mapping app/cellphone in your pipe and smoke it.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 03-10-2017 at 09:32 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    My company does work for the federal government so their position is that its illegal, period, no matter what state you live in and if you fail a test, you're fired
    Yup, that's my case as well. And my company loves to do drug tests on people.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    I occasionally do with a stoner friend of mine. Problem is today's GMO weed is way too strong but in a bad way,so once I'm done puffing I'm done doing everything else for the rest of the day and that sucks,I'm basically turned into a zombie...
    Today's weed is not GMO. It's simply the product of selective breeding.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    I drive really well "under the influence." Senses open up and situational awareness is enhanced.
    Even by your standards that's a real gem. Its a fact that weed impairs cognitive functions. Either you're an exception to science or you're posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast