RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

opinions on KHS Flite 700

I'm getting into biking quite heavily after moving from California to Florida. I used to only do mtn biking but here in S. Florida rode biking is all that is really available. My budget is about $1000. I started to look around and noticed the KHS Flite 700 which I can probably get for around my budget. Is has the Campy gear for this year and i believe it had shimano 105 gear last year. It is also quite light at 19 lbs. What are your opinions on the bike? The specs are here: http://www.khsbicycles.com/04flite700spec.html and the pic is here: http://www.khsbicycles.com/04-Flite-700-web.jpg

All input is greatly appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    by the way, i'm a pretty big guy (6' 1" and 230 lbs) if that should factor in at all.

Still waiting......
    Feb 2004

raleigh's at gvh bikes

don't really know much abou the khs, but in that price range you may want to look at the raleigh professional at www.gvhbikes.com. ultegra for about the same price.

go to special values. not sure if he still has all sizes in stock. drop him an email and check, he's always been very helpful and prompt when i've emailed him.

good luck, sorry i can't help you with the khs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by James30Florida
    by the way, i'm a pretty big guy (6' 1" and 230 lbs) if that should factor in at all.
    A semi-local LBS is a KHS dealer. Nothing wrong with the bikes. Far East-produced, generally good values. I only have two concerns:

1) Geometry. I looked at KHS Flite 800 a couple years ago, but I'm 6'3" and they didn't make any frames big enough for me. At that time, their biggest size was 60cm, measured to the top of the seat tube collar, which seemed like only 56-57cm c-c. They do have pretty long top tubes, though.

2) Stock wheelset. Many bikes these days come with low-spoke wheelsets that look sexy but might not be the best if you weigh 230.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    i was in your shoes a month ago...$1000ish budget but want decent parts. i ended up getting a windsor trent from www.bikesdirect.com. aluminum and carbon frame from taiwan and ultegra components. $1100 no tax no shipping. the bike has exceeded my expectations....at 6' i went with the 58cm and its a perfect fit (i have a long torso). check it out....you might be surprised.

not feeling creative

check out getawaybikes.com

I have bought stuff from them and they are great. They are in florida, so you should get it pretty quick. I know they have that exact bike on their website for sale right now.