RoadBikeReview Member

Personal Metric/Century/Race Memorabilia

Just a few patches I found in an old shoebox while cleaning. This is just a few that my dad and I collected back in the day, all the 80's are his, but I rode in most of the 90's rides. He reaaly got me excited about riding at an early age. We've been on many tours since then, but the memorabilia is just not the same, t-shirts fade and get thrown out and water bottles get used and lost. Just thought I would share a few that have good memories, whether as a young spectator or as a rider.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Really cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is that a center lane of a road in the background? Those patches are huge!!

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

My dad got me into cycling as well. Your post has got me looking back at all the rides and events we have done together. Quality father/son time spent together. I have been looking forward to our Thanksgiving day ride for the last couple of weeks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    haha, no just PS'ed a background behind them after scanning. I have a ton of water bottles too that I wish I would not have used on a regular basis, now they are worn and beat up with most of the lettering gone, stupid kid

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I miss the patches. Back in the day I had a jeans vest that my wife sewed all my cycling patchs onto. (OK, a bit dork-ish). Havent seen any since the mid 90's