Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pink road bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

pink road bikes

So my wife wants to ditch her mountain bike and get a road bike (she's motivated after watching me tri this summer), but she really wants a pink bike. Yes, she's more about style than function.

Trek has two pink WSDs (2200 and 5.1) at $1700 a $2700. Way over my budget.

I've been digging and digging and can't find a used one, or even another one from one of the big manufacturers.

I've seen that the Moto/Mercier/Dawes/Windsor (Bikes Direct) folks are selling the Willow Windsor for about $450 (near my price range), but I'm not fond of the style.

Anyone know of anything else? Heck, while we're at it, if you've got one (pink road bike)... show us.

scruffy nerf herder
    I think schwinn had a pink steel model called the prelude in the late 80's/Early 90s ...
    so sayeth the funk....

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The RBR Lounge. You won't ever find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. We must be cautious."

Erfahrener Radfahrer
    Bianchi has had plenty of pink frames they made back in the '80s.

I have seen the Trek Pilot WSD in pink, and it's a pretty nice bike. Well spec'd.

Polka Power
    bike of your choice +
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    An auto shop may be willing to paint a frame for you for a couple hundred dollars. Or a local powdercoater. Then you could choose an appropriate frame for her.

old wimmins rock my socks
    PINK BIKES ARE WAY AWESOME.....WAY CUSTOM....WAY HOT..........FOR GUYS OR GALS......

i wanted to get my bike custom airbrushed black with pink cheetah print....but it's mo' moneys....$$$$
    They showed a bare breast getting bit by a snake. That was worth the hour and a half.- Scotty

Texan's are really just Australian's with funny accents.- GBOA

banned
    I think I saw a nice pink small something on Ebay just yesterday - Cnnondale or Specialized I believe. This one also looks pink.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Lemond-Zuri...QQcmdZViewItem

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003
    If she's into biking for fashion reasons, then buy a cheap bike. She'll lose her enthusiasm when she hits the first hill. Nothing wrong with looking good, but it can't be the only thing that motivates you.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by likeguymontag
    If she's into biking for fashion reasons, then buy a cheap bike. She'll lose her enthusiasm when she hits the first hill. Nothing wrong with looking good, but it can't be the only thing that motivates you.
    Once she gets the pink bike it will be at least 6 month to fully accessorize w/ matching pink shorts, sports bras, jerseys, gloves, socks, sunglasses, & the perfect pink helmet. That should keep her interested for awhile.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by likeguymontag
    You'd be surprised, she watched me run a marathon and finished her first 6 months later (while dressed fashionably). She hasn't slowed down since. It has to be a reasonably nice bike, not a Wal-Mart-special.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by venus
    I think I saw a nice pink small something on Ebay just yesterday - Cnnondale or Specialized I believe. This one also looks pink.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Lemond-Zuri...QQcmdZViewItem
    Not bad... Ultegra group. Too small though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006

Pink bikes

well, it looks like you have a genuine reason to purchase a pre-owned T-mobile team issue Pinarello Prince. I've seen these at Epray every once in a while. Pepto time!

user account closed
    Quote Originally Posted by venus
    Once she gets the pink bike it will be at least 6 month to fully accessorize w/ matching pink shorts, sports bras, jerseys, gloves, socks, sunglasses, & the perfect pink helmet. That should keep her interested for awhile.
    Pink shorts. I'd get those for my wife She already has the jersey, socks and cateye sunglasses. Need to work on her helmet. It's bright yellow. Just picked her up a pair of purple gloves - it'a a nice compimentary color.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

banned
    Jan 2004

My wife has an old pink Bridgestone, but...

My wife's Bridgestone 550 (circa 1990; she rides mainly a mountain bike) is a nice metallic pink. I'd ride it myself if it were 14cm taller. Can't remember the last time I saw a NEW pink one, though, Maybe check with Terry (Terrybicycles.com)? I think they used to paint a few pink just as a joke, but they're not cheap, either.

imbasilical moreon
    Quote Originally Posted by munckee
    .....its an '04 leftover, lotsa Tiagra............offer 'em $350 max, w/ free shipping....

"Totally INTP"

It's all ball bearings
    Kona's '07 King Zing is pink but I guarantee it'll be out of your budget limit:

2007 Kona's

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    I like the spray can idea....

duh...

RoadBikeReview Member

Pink Bikes

I can't resist a chance to show this off, it is a 1988 from the Waterford factory. It is by no means has original parts, in fact i recently upgraded just about everything minus the seat, seat post, stem, and handlebars. I have put new Rol SL-28's on her since.
    Jimi

My Pink Schwinn
    Last edited by Jimi_Lee; 07-28-2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: pictures didn't load

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

My wife wants one too

Yeah, we checked and the Trek's were all gone for 2006 and the dealer couldn't tell if any Trek's would be pink for 2007.

She thinks she will buy white or silver and I have found pink bar tape and a pink seat from Terry. Pink water bottle-you get the idea.

Ed

Lexicon Devil
    I'm a complete baller with the ladies, and I have absolutely no qualms about riding a pink bike. Put some Phil hubs on that mother and I'd be even more all about it.

Obviously, this has nothing to do with the OP, but I still felt the need to chime in. Carry on.

Polka Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who
    Put some Phil hubs on that mother and I'd be even more all about it.
    or..... http://www.chrisking.com/prettyandstrong/index.html

World's 1st Anal-rapist

How about this??

Its not exactly pink, but its close and would be a nice bike to start with. And you could find it cheaper than the MSRP.

http://www.giantforwomen.com/index.p...=BIKE%20FINDER
    Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth? Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

Twitterpated
    stainofmind,

I agree with your wife, color is the most important consideration.

I like the pink Motobecane that munckee posted.

Have you seen this site? http://www.girlbike.com/pinkbicycles.html It looks like a fun one for like minded people. Good luck with your search.

Thanks,
    Tshirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast