RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018

Pit bull's secret

Here is something that I would like to share with the many people that have been kind enough to respond on the other thread about the pedals. I'm just an old buck having some fun. So try and stay on the lighter side of life, because the journey is short. Many other people may do this, but if nobody has thought of it check out this video https://youtu.be/IIrKUoZhtAs

RoadBikeReview Member
    How do you tighten the seat post clamp without a torque wrench after you've changed a flat tire?
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

'brifter' is a lame word.
    #rattletrap? That's what jersey pockets are for if you don't like under seat bags (I don't either).
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    #rattletrap? That's what jersey pockets are for if you don't like under seat bags (I don't either).
    I don`t no why but there is no rattle at all. I can use my jerseys pocket for something else.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull Pedal View Post
    I don`t no why but there is no rattle at all. I can use my jerseys pocket for something else.
    Like normal shoes so you don't ruin any floors or take a dive w/ your cleats?

I'm sorry, I really am picking on you...but it's just so easy.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Here is something that I would like to share with the many people that have been kind enough to respond on the other thread about the pedals. I'm just an old buck having some fun. So try and stay on the lighter side of life, because the journey is short. Many other people may do this, but if nobody has thought of it check out this video https://youtu.be/IIrKUoZhtAs
    You could keep your water in the seat tube as well, and eliminate those water bottles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Not a terrible idea.

I too do not like seat bags so I use a cage pod.

It does take up one bottle cage though but I wouldn't want to remove my seatpost so much.

Oh my, a troll who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. What will they think of next?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I don`t no why but there is no rattle at all.
    How is your hearing?

No way a metal co2 cartridge and inflator dropped into your seat tube doesn't rattle. No friggin way.

How do you mark your seatpost to get the correct height after taking it out?

And that won't work with Di2.

I couldn't care less what people think my saddle bag looks like. Bikes are for riding, not wall art.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    You could keep your water in the seat tube as well, and eliminate those water bottles.
    No, man, fill the tubes with hydrogen; that'll make the bike lighter!

But, seriously, this is the sort of 'solution' I'd expect from a great mind such as this.......
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    allen wrench inside helmet? alrighty then.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    No way a metal co2 cartridge and inflator dropped into your seat tube doesn't rattle. No friggin way. .
    Obviously, the scrunched-up tube prevents the rattle.

Speaking of rattles, when I watched the video to the end, this was the next one that Youtube queued up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AxxRKXQjtE
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Or you could store an extra set of his pedals in there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    any NORMAL person stores their inner tubes inside their handlebars... d'uh
    pro tip: tape the tools to the hubs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanE View Post

Speaking of rattles, when I watched the video to the end, this was the next one that Youtube queued up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AxxRKXQjtE

yeah, it worked, but had a Wile E Coyote feel to the build... I was waiting for an anvil at the end...

Proud luddite
    I keep my handlebars filled with Clif Shot gel. Just pull off a bar plug and suck it. I know, thatís what she said.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ditch the water bottles and wear a Camelbak pouch UNDER your jersey for a more stealth look.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    ditch the water bottles and wear a Camelbak pouch UNDER your jersey for a more stealth look.
    And store tubes and co2 in your "seat hole"?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    No need for either. Just drink it all before the ride and carry it that way.

Banned forever.....or not
    Whenever I go out, I just have my "follow car" carry everything.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Like normal shoes so you don't ruin any floors or take a dive w/ your cleats?

I'm sorry, I really am picking on you...but it's just so easy.
    Good idea, its always better to be prepared. But since I've never had a problem it seems like a little overkill haha.

The tube won't fit with the water. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    Not a terrible idea.

I too do not like seat bags so I use a cage pod.

It does take up one bottle cage though but I wouldn't want to remove my seatpost so much.

I've been riding for about 5 years now, and I've only had 3 flat tires. Knock on wood. Two of those flats happened at the same time when I hit a pot hole in the road and had pinch flats. So as you can see I don't have to remove the seat that often in the last 5 years.

How is your hearing?

No way a metal co2 cartridge and inflator dropped into your seat tube doesn't rattle. No friggin way.

How do you mark your seatpost to get the correct height after taking it out?

And that won't work with Di2.

I couldn't care less what people think my saddle bag looks like. Bikes are for riding, not wall art.
    Yep that is your opinion, and I'm sure your proud of it. I can only tell you what I think is happening because I can't see inside the tube, is that when I drop the Co2 in it gets stuck, I believe that it is bottoming out on the water bottle screw then I insert the inflator then by the time I push my tube and seat down it must create enough pressure to prevent all rattling. On my particular bike I literally have to scrape the sticker off of the Co2 for it to actually fit down inside the frame. But no matter whats happened so far it doesn't rattle for me. I just made a very small scratch on my seat post, it is small enough I'm the only one who knows where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    No, man, fill the tubes with hydrogen; that'll make the bike lighter!

But, seriously, this is the sort of 'solution' I'd expect from a great mind such as this.......
    One thing that I have learned about the internet as this is my first forum I've ever used, (as I still use a file cabinet with paper files) is there are a lot of people out here with lots of opinions. Those opinions are very important to themselves, but not necessarily for the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    allen wrench inside helmet? alrighty then.
    It is secured flat on the inside, I've never had any issues with it at all.

Yes, I do believe that is whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Or you could store an extra set of his pedals in there.
    Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Metal View Post
    any NORMAL person stores their inner tubes inside their handlebars... d'uh
    pro tip: tape the tools to the hubs
    If that is what you do, that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    I keep my handlebars filled with Clif Shot gel. Just pull off a bar plug and suck it. I know, thatís what she said.
    Funny

That may be a good idea, as I would like a clean look to the bike. Do you use a Camelbak at all, if so does the extra weight on your shoulders bother you at all?

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Whenever I go out, I just have my "follow car" carry everything.
    I don't have that luxury.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Overly complicated work for a simple job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiWJ_F30kv0

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can't use the seat tube because that's where the battery for the hidden motor is. FML

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Yep that is your opinion, and I'm sure your proud of it. I can only tell you what I think is happening because I can't see inside the tube, is that when I drop the Co2 in it gets stuck, I believe that it is bottoming out on the water bottle screw then I insert the inflator then by the time I push my tube and seat down it must create enough pressure to prevent all rattling. On my particular bike I literally have to scrape the sticker off of the Co2 for it to actually fit down inside the frame. But no matter whats happened so far it doesn't rattle for me.
    Yes I'm very proud of it. Even made myself a certificate to hang on the wall.

I still don't believe it doesn't rattle. But I guess if you have to scrape the sticker off the Co2 to jam it down your seat tube at the risk of it getting stuck (which sounds utterly stupid) maybe it works for your exact frame. You should have posted this in the Specialized sub forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes I'm very proud of it. Even made myself a certificate to hang on the wall.

I still don't believe it doesn't rattle. But I guess if you have to scrape the sticker off the Co2 to jam it down your seat tube at the risk of it getting stuck (which sounds utterly stupid) maybe it works for your exact frame. You should have posted this in the Specialized sub forum.
    Just stop feeding this troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The internet is a little like a bar, a wonderful place where we can bullsh(t our past, but it also, is full of reasonably reliable sources of information to be used as ammo to call "bullish)t."