Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008

A plug for GORE Bike Wear...

I was in an hit-n-run accident about a month back Surviving an encounter with a pick-up truck

I was wearing the Phantom Jacket (in bright red http://www.gorebikewear.com/remote/S...landingid=none) when I was hit. I had got the jacket for Christmas. The paramedics cut it off me

I emailed Gore and asked them if there was any way I could buy a returned jacket or an old model or something because I really liked the jacket. I was hoping for a 50% discount as most online places had a 20% discount right now.

They are sending me new one free of cost. This is something they really didn't have to do but I do appreciate them doing it!

Stay Safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Wow... props to them for great customer service!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice to read as I just bought their Pac Lite shell about 2 Weekends ago. I got a great deal on an upper end expensive jacket. My only complaint is that it doesn't have the zippers under the arm pits. Other then that, it has worked very well the 2 times I have had to wear it.
    Do these shorts make my ass look fat?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good on them. Like you said they didn't have to do this. Ride safe.
    Edit Signature here---------->

RoadBikeReview Member
    My wife bought me a Gore jacket last year and I love it; good to hear they gave you a new one. Sorry about the accident.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great for Gore, I have the Countdown jacket and love it. Mine is black, thought about getting something with color, but the black looks so cool. I bought a bright green/yellow vest for days that I think the black might not be the best color to ride in.
    ----------------
    I am participating in the 2012 Tour de Cure to raise money to Help Stop Diabetes. Please Click Here to view my page or if you would like to make a donation.

ridinglikecrazy
    Jun 2009
    i just got in a pair of leg warmers with the windproof front panel, and a pair of knee warmers. Wore the leg warmers today and they were awesome!! Got both on competitive cyclist at their winter end sale last week for a steal!!

Get off my lawn
    Aug 2009
    kudos to Gore for stepping up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    good plug

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good for you and good for Gore.

I own 10 pieces of Gore bike clothing which includes two of the previous generations Phantoms jackets. I have been pleased with all of it. Good quality, good fit, and great features and function.

I ride in circles..
    That's awesome! Congrats on the new jacket and that you're ok!
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I just got an Oxygen Paclite shell two weeks ago. Great stuff!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I have a pair or Gore bib tights and the seam in the crotch just about cuts me in half. I rarely wear them. I was talking with a friend, and he said he had the same problem. I don't know how some of these companies size their kit. Maybe the president has a really short torso.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    yeah its cool you got a jacket but why would you ever expect them to replace it for you when you wrecked it?

I think you have over entitlement issues. The fact of life is that item gets used and worn out. There is nothing you can buy that will last forever even under normal conditions.

if i sold you a chair and one day it one of the legs wore out and it started to rock, would you ask me for a new chair? i hope not. in that case you should go buy a new one. Man Up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast
    yeah its cool you got a jacket but why would you ever expect them to replace it for you when you wrecked it?

I think you have over entitlement issues. The fact of life is that item gets used and worn out. There is nothing you can buy that will last forever even under normal conditions.

if i sold you a chair and one day it one of the legs wore out and it started to rock, would you ask me for a new chair? i hope not. in that case you should go buy a new one. Man Up.
    Someone has a reading comprehension issue. The OP never said he expected them to replace it. He said he called and asked if they had any used or old stock they could sell for a discount. Gore offered him a new one free.

Also, it wasn't worn out. It was practically new...got it in December, and it had to be cut off when he was hit by a truck.

Before you post, read what is written.

to the OP: that's cool that Gore sent you a new one. That's over-the-top good customer service, and I'm glad you shared your experience.

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Great to hear -- who did you talk to?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Great to hear -- who did you talk to?
    I used the 'Contact Us' link on their website and a Ben R emailed me back a day later.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terex
    I have a pair or Gore bib tights and the seam in the crotch just about cuts me in half. I rarely wear them. I was talking with a friend, and he said he had the same problem. I don't know how some of these companies size their kit. Maybe the president has a really short torso.
    I encourage you to give them your feedback. I am not implying that they'll do anything but they seem interested in customer satisfaction.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vdlima
    I was in an hit-n-run accident about a month back Surviving an encounter with a pick-up truck

I was wearing the Phantom Jacket (in bright red http://www.gorebikewear.com/remote/S...landingid=none) when I was hit. I had got the jacket for Christmas. The paramedics cut it off me

I emailed Gore and asked them if there was any way I could buy a returned jacket or an old model or something because I really liked the jacket. I was hoping for a 50% discount as most online places had a 20% discount right now.

They are sending me new one free of cost. This is something they really didn't have to do but I do appreciate them doing it!

Stay Safe.
    I now have 6 riding jackets. Some roll up small and don't keep me dry, Some keep me dry but roll into such a large roll that they sometimes fall out of my jersey pocket. One that keeps me dry and is tolerable in size just doesn't breathe well.

Last month I ran into the beautifully fitting yellow Gore riding jacket. It rolls up small, breathes well, and keeps me very dry. Top of it all, it looks and feels better than my Castelli, my two PI's, my marmot, and my Performance.

Gore, where the hell were you 5 jackets ago? I just can't say enough about this jacket. It has a large rear pocket and a chest pocket, both with zippers. It has an adjustable draw cord around both the neck and the bottom.

I can't find a model name but I bought it at performance on sale!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Kudos to you and Gore.. I have the same jacket in bright yellow, and I cringe at the idea of it being sliced in half even if it IS to save my life .

West Virginia Cyclist
    Gore is awesome, I had a little bit of stitching come loose from a newer pair of top-of-the-line bibs of theirs in a spot that rubs my saddle. I live in an uber rural area without a tailor, so I emailed gore for help. They suggested a place in Pittsburgh. I mailed them, and apparently Gore gave them instructions on what stitch pattern and whatnot to use to the T. Very impressed.
    There are cyclists in West Virginia??!! Really? - Check it Out @ WVCYCLING

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Great stuff, I will forward your feedback!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Great stuff, I will forward your feedback!
    to whom?

Every ride is a race
    Quote Originally Posted by Terex
    I have a pair of bibs too, and they fit me fine. You sure you didn't get the women's model.....could be seamed for comfort....

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    To my coworkers @ GBW.

Quote Originally Posted by vdlima
    to whom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast