Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Poggio II (where to buy), does it fit X/2?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  joe friday 
#1 ·
No local shop has the Poggio II (in chrome/black). Does NIke have a policy on mailorder and/or price fixing?

Second, anyone now if the x/2 pedal cleats fit the Poggio II? Not the Zero, the x/2.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Yes and Yes

bikewriter said:
No local shop has the Poggio II (in chrome/black). Does NIke have a policy on mailorder and/or price fixing?

Second, anyone now if the x/2 pedal cleats fit the Poggio II? Not the Zero, the x/2.

Thank you!
I bought mine on Ebay and love them. I would like a pair of red ones but I have had no luck.
I have X-1's on mine and you will have to use the extra shims for snug fit next to the carbon.

good luck

#5 ·
What's wrong with loyalty?

joe friday said:
Free market economy, eh?
It wasn't the Free Market Economy that made Trek the bike company they are today... it was their dealer network and consistently good quality products. They want to protect that image by selling in well established and reputable bike shops instead of seeing some jackass with a 68% positive eBay rating selling their products. They also want to have the support of a well established dealer network to have knowledgeable people pushing their products and supporting them if they have warranty issues. On top of all that, it's the dealers, the LBS, that made Trek the company it is today and they haven't totally forgotten that.

In the cycling world, image is everything. Proof of that is can be seen every day in the products we buy. Trek is just doing what they feel best to protect their image and their affiliate brands images as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Russ

#6 ·
russw19 said:
It wasn't the Free Market Economy that made Trek the bike company they are today... it was their dealer network and consistently good quality products. They want to protect that image by selling in well established and reputable bike shops instead of seeing some jackass with a 68% positive eBay rating selling their products. They also want to have the support of a well established dealer network to have knowledgeable people pushing their products and supporting them if they have warranty issues. On top of all that, it's the dealers, the LBS, that made Trek the company it is today and they haven't totally forgotten that.

In the cycling world, image is everything. Proof of that is can be seen every day in the products we buy. Trek is just doing what they feel best to protect their image and their affiliate brands images as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Russ
*yawn* it isn't like the bike world is anything unique, the sky's not falling, relax,....

#7 ·
bikewriter said:

Thank you!
OK so I knew I saw this somewhere, the Trek Online Store
http://store.trekbikes.com/shopping/product_detail.jsp?category_id=720&product_id=3181

It looks like they arte hard to come by. Evidently, dealrs can't sell online but Trek can?

It seems like individual stores can order and stock up but when they are gone they are gone.

Good Luck.

#8 ·
You can buy them from UK shops online (I did), but the exchange rate makes it kind of pointless now. Last year I was able to get the silver/black for about $179 IIRC. Now, I think they would cost as much with shipping as buying them from Trek. The only thing is I'm not sure you can get the silver ones in the US.

Paul

bikewriter said:

Thank you!

#9 ·
purplepaul said:
You can buy them from UK shops online (I did), but the exchange rate makes it kind of pointless now. Last year I was able to get the silver/black for about $179 IIRC. Now, I think they would cost as much with shipping as buying them from Trek. The only thing is I'm not sure you can get the silver ones in the US.

Paul

The silver ones are available in most whole sizes... Nike seems to have a stock issue with half sizes though. If you look on the Trek webpage and go to the store, they list what is available. If it has a box next to the item to add a quantity, then it's currently available. Also the silver ones are listed as silver/black... they are the silver shoes. They just have black soles and velcro so they are listed silver/black.

Regarding the Trek mailorder/internet order... most LBS's will sell those shoes for less than what Trek is selling them on the net. Trek does that to get people to go to the LBS and buy them, and to make sure not to undercut their dealers. The price on the web is the advertised retail. Some shops will charge that, others closer to $200.

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.