RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002

Poggio II (where to buy), does it fit X/2?

No local shop has the Poggio II (in chrome/black). Does NIke have a policy on mailorder and/or price fixing?

Second, anyone now if the x/2 pedal cleats fit the Poggio II? Not the Zero, the x/2.

Thank you!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003

Yes and Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bikewriter
    No local shop has the Poggio II (in chrome/black). Does NIke have a policy on mailorder and/or price fixing?

Second, anyone now if the x/2 pedal cleats fit the Poggio II? Not the Zero, the x/2.

Thank you!
    I bought mine on Ebay and love them. I would like a pair of red ones but I have had no luck.
    I have X-1's on mine and you will have to use the extra shims for snug fit next to the carbon.

good luck

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003
    When I found some online and wrote for some info I was told Trek had a policy on mailorder sales.

citizen-savant
    Jun 2003
    a policy on mailorder sales.
    Free market economy, eh?

RoadBikeReview Member

What's wrong with loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by joe friday
    Free market economy, eh?
    It wasn't the Free Market Economy that made Trek the bike company they are today... it was their dealer network and consistently good quality products. They want to protect that image by selling in well established and reputable bike shops instead of seeing some jackass with a 68% positive eBay rating selling their products. They also want to have the support of a well established dealer network to have knowledgeable people pushing their products and supporting them if they have warranty issues. On top of all that, it's the dealers, the LBS, that made Trek the company it is today and they haven't totally forgotten that.

In the cycling world, image is everything. Proof of that is can be seen every day in the products we buy. Trek is just doing what they feel best to protect their image and their affiliate brands images as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Russ

citizen-savant
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by russw19
    It wasn't the Free Market Economy that made Trek the bike company they are today... it was their dealer network and consistently good quality products. They want to protect that image by selling in well established and reputable bike shops instead of seeing some jackass with a 68% positive eBay rating selling their products. They also want to have the support of a well established dealer network to have knowledgeable people pushing their products and supporting them if they have warranty issues. On top of all that, it's the dealers, the LBS, that made Trek the company it is today and they haven't totally forgotten that.

In the cycling world, image is everything. Proof of that is can be seen every day in the products we buy. Trek is just doing what they feel best to protect their image and their affiliate brands images as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Russ
    *yawn* it isn't like the bike world is anything unique, the sky's not falling, relax,....

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003

Thank you!
    OK so I knew I saw this somewhere, the Trek Online Store
    http://store.trekbikes.com/shopping/...roduct_id=3181

It looks like they arte hard to come by. Evidently, dealrs can't sell online but Trek can?

It seems like individual stores can order and stock up but when they are gone they are gone.

Good Luck.

Censored by *********
    You can buy them from UK shops online (I did), but the exchange rate makes it kind of pointless now. Last year I was able to get the silver/black for about $179 IIRC. Now, I think they would cost as much with shipping as buying them from Trek. The only thing is I'm not sure you can get the silver ones in the US.

Paul

Thank you!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.

Charles Darwin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepaul
    You can buy them from UK shops online (I did), but the exchange rate makes it kind of pointless now. Last year I was able to get the silver/black for about $179 IIRC. Now, I think they would cost as much with shipping as buying them from Trek. The only thing is I'm not sure you can get the silver ones in the US.

Paul

The silver ones are available in most whole sizes... Nike seems to have a stock issue with half sizes though. If you look on the Trek webpage and go to the store, they list what is available. If it has a box next to the item to add a quantity, then it's currently available. Also the silver ones are listed as silver/black... they are the silver shoes. They just have black soles and velcro so they are listed silver/black.

Regarding the Trek mailorder/internet order... most LBS's will sell those shoes for less than what Trek is selling them on the net. Trek does that to get people to go to the LBS and buy them, and to make sure not to undercut their dealers. The price on the web is the advertised retail. Some shops will charge that, others closer to $200.

Russ

citizen-savant
    Jun 2003
    anyone interested in a pair of size 41?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poggio II (where to buy), does it fit X/2?-shoes.jpg