RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Polar S625X communication with non-Polar IrDA

I have an S625X that I am trying to get to communicate with my laptop. I read a number of posts about using non-polar IrDA devices to do this. I have a Q-Stor branded IrDA that has a DATAMAN chip. After a number of hours I was able to get the driver to install on 32-bit Home Vista and it the IrDA is recognized on the machine. I also updated the Polar Precision Performance Software with the latest from the Polar website. But for some reason I canít figure out, the communication isnít occurring. I donít think itís an issue with the S625X because I am able to communicate with another computer that has a built in IR. Any tips I can try?

GeoCyclist
    Oct 2002

Check your Precision SW set-up.

Options Ė Preferences Ė Hardware Ė IR Communication Port:
    Make sure the correct Communication Port is set in the drop-down window. I have had to do this with all my computers regardless of what IR device I was using.

Best of luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks. I've tried that and had no luck. I read that I should be able to put the S625X up next to the IrDA without the polar software running and turn the S625X to connect mode and it will show up on the lower right task bar as the S625X being ready to communicate....that isn't happening....so it could be an issue of the S625X not working w/ the DATAMAN IrDA?