Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prologo Saddles

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Prologo Saddles

Anyone use them... thoughts? New bike has a Fizik Airone and I can't stand it. Looking in particular at the Nago Evo. Most of my training is in the 2-4 hour range. My previous bike had a Specialized Toupe and after being on it for a couple of seasons I was pretty used to it. It was a 143 so I'm a little concerned about the 135 width.

Thanks!

T K
    wasssabi
    I went from a couple of years on a toupe 143 to a selle italia slr 135. Love them both. They feel different, yet the same some how. I tried a toupe in a 135, ouch.
    Moral of the story is, don't worry too much about the width. I think shape and stiffness come into play also.
    Also, I too tried the arione and hated it. Way to narrorw in the sit bone area. Felt like I was straddeling a hand rail.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Fizik Arione and Aliante are opposites in shape so if you don't like the Arione you can try the Aliante. Most LBS's that carry Fizik have test saddles. Antares is another Fizik you can test.

The Aliante saddle served me well for several seasons but I wanted a saddle that would allow more than one spot to sit comfortably on. Did a lot of research and found that many Aliante owners also liked the Prologo Scratch Pro. Found a new one at a 75% discount so for $40 was willing to fork over the money. Went from the 143 width Aliante to the 134 Scratch Pro easily. Glad I did as I like this saddle very much. Found a Prologo Try and Buy that had a 143 Scratch Pro. 143 was not as comfortable as the 134 for me. I recommend non carbon saddle rails; go with titanium.

http://www.distancebiker.com/store/i...les/b6387.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm a conservative when it comes to saddles. If you liked the 143 Toupe, why not get another?

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Toupe/Romin are flat saddles so you sit on yor seat bones with no pressure on soft tissues.
    The Nago is Semi round so some of the load gets on the seat bones and some on soft tissues.
    I have all three...
    I didn't really gave the 143 Toupe saddle lot of time trying to get used to (it was pretty painful on the seat bones after 1-2 hours of riding) and got the Romin Evo Expert 143.
    I didn't ride on the Romin more than 2-3 long rides. It is more comfortable than the Toupe, but it is still pretty stiff on the seat bones, but I believe i can get used to it.
    When I got my Cannondale Flash 29er a few weeks ago, it came with the Prologo Nago Evo X10 size 135.
    The saddle is padded, light and VERY comfortable for mountain biking, so I installed that on my Spesh Roubaix and took it for a 3 hr ride. Very comfortable, but after couple of hrs, I felt my private parts getting numb.
    Not sure if it can be resolved by changing the angle of the saddle.
    In any case just ordered a Prologo Nago Evo Pro TI, which is supposed to be better for road biking.
    I will let you know once I get some saddle time with it.

The TI is lighter than the STN. Well worth the $12 difference.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Last edited by Stumpy2011; 04-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I've been rocking a Prologo Kappa on both my road bikes for a year now. Sure they're not as fancy as the higher end models, but try to convince my backside of that. Easily can go 100+ miles with near zero discomfort.

Some padding, just enough to compliment a thin chamois.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I effing love my Nago. I've recently used Fizik Aliante and Specialized Toupe. For me the Nago is money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    It really just depends on your sit bones width. If it feels right stick with it, if not just go back to your old saddle. Just depends on your comfort levels.

Old, slow, and fat.
    I have a Scratch Pro. Easily as comfy as my old Flite saddles.

M
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dekindy View Post
    Found a Prologo Try and Buy that had a 143 Scratch Pro. 143 was not as comfortable as the 134 for me. I recommend non carbon saddle rails; go with titanium.
    Prologo Try & Buy Program
    Why no carbon? just curious. I just got a scratch pro nack 134 (carbon rails) and so far i'm liking it. Ordered a 143 Scratch Pro Plus w/ the center nuts channel just to make sure a wider saddle isn't the ticket for me, so we'll see. I've only put in about 200miles on the 134 w/ carbon rails, but so far it feels pretty good. I live in chicago where the roads are bombed out war scenes and i think the Nack rails help absorb some of the shock. Oh, it's crazy light if you care about such things. My last saddle was a Selle Italia SLR and that thing was like being hit between the legs with a garden spade.

Excuses are for the weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by -steve View Post
    Anyone use them... thoughts? New bike has a Fizik Airone and I can't stand it. Looking in particular at the Nago Evo. Most of my training is in the 2-4 hour range. My previous bike had a Specialized Toupe and after being on it for a couple of seasons I was pretty used to it. It was a 143 so I'm a little concerned about the 135 width.

Thanks!
    Funny you should mention the above. My old Look 585 has a Fizik Arione CX saddle, which I've used for years. Always found it pretty comfortable.
    My new Pinarello Dogma2 has a Prologo Nago Evo Nack (carbon and 155gm). OMG - it is the bomb! Was persuaded by my LBS to go with it and have only done about 300km on it, but it is the most comfortable saddle I've ever had.
    Having said that, saddles are a very personal choice. Not every make and model will suit everyone, and if you get the chance, I'd suggest asking if you can 'try before you buy', so that you know what's right for your butt.
    As someone has pointed out, the Evo Nago is also Semi-rounded. The profile of this saddle is similar in a lot of ways to the Arione, only I'd give that a 7-10 for comfort. The Prologo, in my opinion gets a 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prologo Saddles-img_0640.jpg   Prologo Saddles-img_0641.jpg  
    Last edited by Juzzy004; 04-16-2012 at 09:43 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    i have a fizik arione on one bike, and a prologo zero nack pas on another bike. the prologo padding feels stiffer, but on longer rides, i feel it is more comfortable than the arione. i think because it has a flatter surface, my sit bones feel more supported than on the arione.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I have a Scratch pro ti. 99% it's great, even on 7 hour rides. Then just very occasionally it's so uncomfortable, even on a 5km ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidsonDuke View Post
    I'm a conservative when it comes to saddles. If you liked the 143 Toupe, why not get another?
    Same here I agree

Domokun!
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker190 View Post
    I've been rocking a Prologo Kappa on both my road bikes for a year now. Sure they're not as fancy as the higher end models, but try to convince my backside of that. Easily can go 100+ miles with near zero discomfort.

I love my Kappa too!! 4 of them. Not on my track bike though...ouch
    " The ability to purchase an expensive bicycle does not make you a cyclist! "

kg1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

didn't like my kappa

The Prologo Kappa came on my Cannondale CAAD10 5. It didn't take me long to realize that the Kappa wasn't the right saddle for me. I put an old Stella Italia Flite Max on the bike, and now I'm happy up to about 100 miles. Much beyond that and it's a Brooks B-17.

Thanks, and good luck.

kg1

Fix Altitude in My Tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker190 View Post

I've got a 2011 Kappa coming from Competitive Cyclist. They're closing them out for $45USD. I agree with slacker190 that they aren't' as fancy as the other models but I get cranky about saddles that cost over 100USD given my track record with them. Maybe worth a shot for you. Saddles are so individual it's tough to tell what will work until you try.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I love my nago evo and many of the customer i sold it too are vert happy about it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I have a scratch pro plus. This one has the channel. I like the build quality and looks of the saddle but the padding is freaking hard. I must have 16 hours of trying this saddle out and it still hurts my a$$. As much as I don't want to I'm going to have to return it and continue saddle testing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I am very happy with my nago evo. My CAAD9 came with the Kappa which did not suit me at all. I'll probably shop around to see if there are any saddles with suit my body better than the nago evo to replace the Kappa. If not, I'll buy another evo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I hate to be the party pooper... but the Nago Evo Nack is not 155 gr, it is 219 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy004 View Post
    Funny you should mention the above. My old Look 585 has a Fizik Arione CX saddle, which I've used for years. Always found it pretty comfortable.
    My new Pinarello Dogma2 has a Prologo Nago Evo Nack (carbon and 155gm). OMG - it is the bomb! Was persuaded by my LBS to go with it and have only done about 300km on it, but it is the most comfortable saddle I've ever had.
    Having said that, saddles are a very personal choice. Not every make and model will suit everyone, and if you get the chance, I'd suggest asking if you can 'try before you buy', so that you know what's right for your butt.
    As someone has pointed out, the Evo Nago is also Semi-rounded. The profile of this saddle is similar in a lot of ways to the Arione, only I'd give that a 7-10 for comfort. The Prologo, in my opinion gets a 10.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    My bike came with the Prologo scratch. I rode with it once and replaced it with a Selle SLR gel flow. The selle was no where near as comfortable for me. I'm back to the scratch and that's what I'll be sticking with.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I've been riding a kappa pas this season because i was looking for a similar width saddle to replace my worn out max flight and these saddles can be had for dirt cheap on evil bay. Anyway, its been comfortable for me for rides as long as 60 miles. For the price it's a great seat and if it doesn't work for you your not out a lot of scratch.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Another big fan of the nago evo, coming from the Selle Italia SLR and San Marco Zoncolan. One thing I particularly like is the Prologo saddles seem to be pretty indestructable IME. Can't say the same for the SLR.

-w

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Does anyone know if the padding between the Scratch Pro Plus and Kappa Pas or Nago Evo Plus is a bit softer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast