RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008

Promax Bar Opinions?

Sorry this is in the wrong section

Anyways I am in the process of finding my regular energy/protein bar for longer rides and I have enjoyed Clif Bars so far i various flavors.
    So I wanted to ask this crowd if anyone has some real experience with Promax Bars (http://www.promaxnutrition.net/) I remember having the Cookies N' Cream ones back when I was doing other sports and enjoyed the taste a lot but never heard much about them.

Any opinions on whether or not I should stick with Clif or give these a spot in the rotation??

Thanks for any help =)
    Last edited by efenili; 06-30-2008 at 08:32 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    I like the taste of Promax bars and they have more protein than Cliff bars.The downside is that in warm weather they are likely to melt during a ride, I keep them at home.

Anti-Hero
    I usually try to avoid high fructose corn syrup, but they don't look too bad.

Have you ever tried Powerbar Harvest or Nut naturals bars? They are tasty and transport well. They also aren't quite as sweet as clif bars, so I find them easier to eat on long rides.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

Kilt wearing, old man
    Quote Originally Posted by efenili
    Sorry I couldn't find a nutrition type section, I may be blind. ...
    You're not blind. You just didn't read far enough into the section description. Try this link for nutrition information that relates to racing and training.
    When a bike is stolen
    A faerie dies of sadness