RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Purchasing a new Saddle Bag. Lezyne Pod Caddy or Micro Caddy

Hey everyone. I am purchasing a new saddle bag and deciding between the Lezyne pod caddy and the micro caddy.

Anyone have any ideas as which is better the pod or micro.

I am thinking of going with the small as all I want to put in it is a co2 cartridge and nozzle, tube, levers and patch kit. (I don't like bulky things)

Also is there any downside to getting white over the black or do you think that with tire spray it will just get really dirty?

Thanks for the help!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Purchasing a new Saddle Bag. Lezyne Pod Caddy or Micro Caddy

I have seen both on person but only used the caddy. I like my med caddy in black. White is a terrible idea unless you never get your bike dirty, at all...

The pod looks nice and neat but I like that the caddy is very secure under the saddle. The old model is crap so make sure you get the 2013 model with the beefy strap.

I can get a tube, tool, levers, co2 and key in mine no problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been using a small black Micro Caddy for a couple of years now. It a great bag. I keep a spare tube, 1 CO2 bottle with nozzle, 2 Pedros levers, Lezyne patch kit, and Lezyne mini tool in it.

I really like that it has a sleeve inside for the patch kit, and an exterior pocket for the multi-tool. Everything fits snug and secure and there's not velcro on the seatpost to ruin your bibs.

White is going to look bad after about 1 minute of wet weather IMO.
    Ride lots!
    Eddy Merckx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    I am planning on buying the quick release model. I am debating yet on the small or medium however would love to keep it as small as possible! I am planning on carrying a spare tube, patch kit, co2 cartridge and nozzle. Anything else I carry goes in my jersey. I really want to keep things as small as possible. do you think that will fit in a small?

As far as the pod and the caddy which do you think is best. You stated that the pod looks nice and neat, do you think it might be better then the caddy? There are no store near me that carry lezyne products so I am going to have to order and that is why I am asking all these questions.

Thanks again for the help in answering all my questions. I just just want to make sure a small will fit those few things in it. I hate with things rattle around!

I may have more questions for you but again thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    I have seen both on person but only used the caddy. I like my med caddy in black. White is a terrible idea unless you never get your bike dirty, at all...

The pod looks nice and neat but I like that the caddy is very secure under the saddle. The old model is crap so make sure you get the 2013 model with the beefy strap.

I can get a tube, tool, levers, co2 and key in mine no problem.