RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003

Question about Planet Bike's Protege 9.0 Cyclometer

Just got the Protege 9.0 from Jenson USA and it seems great. The only thing is that when it is on the digital read out goes from dark to light in a rythmic fashion. Kind of like a heart beat, dark, then light, dark, then light. Anyone else have one? Is this normal?

PCM
    RoadBikeReview Member

My Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick
    Just got the Protege 9.0 from Jenson USA and it seems great. The only thing is that when it is on the digital read out goes from dark to light in a rythmic fashion. Kind of like a heart beat, dark, then light, dark, then light. Anyone else have one? Is this normal?
    I've had the same computer for a few years without any problems. Mine was also from JensonUSA.

However, I had to send the first one I ordered back because it never worked. It appeared to me that the first one I got was a return because the package was stapled like it had been opened once before I got it.

I've never noticed and sort of "heart beat" in the display but I do notice on colder days that the display has "grey" areas like the LCD is still warming up.

Ya, what ATP said...!

No problem with mine

I haven't noticed that problem with mine although many on the review board had to send their first back. Depspite the poor rating, I still bought one because it was the cheapest I could find with temp and an Ebay store was selling them for $18. Mine has a rattle that I can't seem to silence but the thermo is right in track with my friend's $300 Polar.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003

Protoge 9.0

I also have one that I have been very happy with but I have not seen the LCD problem you mention.