Damn it's hot here

racy bike to compliment my robaix?

Riding a Roubaix for 2yrs now, had a Cervelo S2 before that.. I miss the response of the Cervelo (my back don't), am thinking of adding another bike to the garage, something like a Tarmac for those days I want to race about, who else owns one OR other comparable model brands for this category? Keeping the Roubaix for sure

fu
    Supersix or Supersix EVO depending on the depth of your pockets.
    My other chainring is a 39...
    Strava profile

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hmm, I have never heard a bike compliment another one, or say anything at all, for that matter. Let us know if you find one that can do that. If you are looking for a bike to complement the one you have, however, then I have no idea.

Damn it's hot here
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirx View Post
    Hmm, I have never heard a bike compliment another one, or say anything at all, for that matter. Let us know if you find one that can do that. If you are looking for a bike to complement the one you have, however, then I have no idea.
    OH OH, hear cum the speling pollice

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Come on. Make Miss Dwardley proud.
    Only the dead shall know the end of war.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Re: racy bike to compliment my robaix?

Quote Originally Posted by CActuskid View Post
    Riding a Roubaix for 2yrs now, had a Cervelo S2 before that.. I miss the response of the Cervelo (my back don't), am thinking of adding another bike to the garage, something like a Tarmac for those days I want to race about, who else owns one OR other comparable model brands for this category? Keeping the Roubaix for sure
    If you want a racy compliment to the Roubaix a Tarmac is the obvious answer. I have a Tarmac and Secteur. Compliment each other nicely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Depends on the $
    Tarmac, caad10, super six, R3 or R5, would all be great. the cervelos might do both for you.

I recently picked up a caad10 to build up as a back up, put it on the trainer, take to the beach and not worry about it if i wreck in a cat5 crash fest.
    3 road bikes, 2 MTB, 1 CX and 1 Fatbike....for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Compliment each other nicely.
    So they compliment each other, like, all the time? That constant chatter in the garage would drive me crazy...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Re: racy bike to compliment my robaix?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirx View Post
    So they compliment each other, like, all the time? That constant chatter in the garage would drive me crazy...
    LOL. Nice, relaxed, wide tires. Fast, responsive, thin tires. Prefer the Tarmac but the Secteur has its place.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    LOL. Nice, relaxed, wide tires. Fast, responsive, thin tires. Prefer the Tarmac but the Secteur has its place.

To the OP: If you want to race your bike, just do it. Spend your money where you want, but only you know what will complement your bike stable. If the S2 hurt your back, why the heck would you want something similar again? Get the bike you need or want. Seriously, you've been riding long enough (presumably) that you should know by now, or at least have a good enough idea of the features you're looking for so you can shop around. All we can do is shout out model names without knowing you, your riding style, your physical abilities or attributes, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What do you want to spend?
    Does it have to be carbon?
    Does it have to be new?
    What do the local shops around you carry?

If it is going to be for short fast rides every once and a while I would recommend an aluminum frame. Save a little on the frame and spend on some nice wheels or a group upgrade. Personally I would get a Specialized Allez E5 frameset for $880 and then build up the bike to my liking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Since when is the Roubaix not a race bike? Someone needs to tell the pro tour about that.

I'm not sure what you're looking for that you don't have already but a new stem is probably a cheaper way of getting it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Felt F series is a great bike. Race geometry and great looks to. Tarmac is the only bike I Like from Specialized and your already familiar with the brand. What's your budget and what frame material are you looking for. CAAD 10's are the prefered aluminum and don't forget GP4000S another endorsed must have. There are lots of options here but how many are back friendly?
    Last edited by FeltF75rider; 07-13-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroCreep View Post
    If it is going to be for short fast rides every once and a while I would recommend an aluminum frame. Save a little on the frame and spend on some nice wheels or a group upgrade. Personally I would get a Specialized Allez E5 frameset for $880 and then build up the bike to my liking.
    That's what I wanted to do, except they didn't have the OSBB frameset anymore. Ended up getting the EU Allez Expert with the older E5 frame, Ultegra parts and carbon crank. Not bad value for the money. A few upgrades here and there and it will be a perfect bike.
    Specialized Allez Expert (2013)
    Scott Scale 40 (2006)