RoadBikeReview Member

Road to Roubaix (Film)

If anyone lives in or around Orange County Virginia. The Directors Of " The Road to Roubaix" are having a Meet the directors, pre-release viewing on Jan 26th. French appetizers and Auction of cycling related memorabilia. RSVP 540-672-7311. Can't imagine why they chose our little town... I think it's an Invest in our film" thing.
    www.masterlinkfilms.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    I can't believe I don;t know where Orange is...

Zach <---Clarke County resident

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    I'm in Springfield, where in Orange is this going to be? //never mind, I'm dumb. Follow the link genius

Orange is near Spotsylvania and Louisa.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider
    I'm in Springfield, where in Orange is this going to be? //never mind, I'm dumb. Follow the link genius

Orange is near Spotsylvania and Louisa.
    Right near Floyd's barber shop and the Pig farm
    I can say that cause I live here

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    The family has a place at Lake Anna, so I'm more familiar with that, but Orange isn't too far away. We might be there.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Small world/Internet. I live at, not in lake Anna, great places to ride around here. On a 1.5 hr ride, maybe 2 pickup trucks on a busy day. Maybe I'll see you there, I'll be the one with Nicole Kidman as a date

Spicy Dumpling
    It is a small world on the RBR pages. I honeymooned in Gordonsville (yes Gordonsville) at a timeshare there. We used to go back every year around this time but we don't have access to the timeshare anymore. Too bad I'll be at the beach that weekend or I would be there. I've wanted to ride around that area a little more, it is beautiful country. The tour de madison is a great ride that isn't far from there.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Do Over
    Mar 2008
    In your dreams!

Do Over
    Mar 2008
    Sounds French to me, not very Orange? Is it a foreign film? What the heck is it about?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002
    is this movie out yet or whats the latest update?

Do Over
    Mar 2008
    A cycling documentary (but of course) about the Paris Roubaix (I knew it was French), the prestigious one-day event (looks grueling) that brings incredible cycling athletes together to play in the mud over spectacular countryside. No release date... being edited ...musical score additions...your guess is as good as mine. Race began in 1896 (wonder what their bikes looked like). Sounds a lot like the Nimegen March on a bike. Those crazy Europeans! Gotta love em!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I highly recommend A Sunday in Hell to those that haven't seen it yet.

A Sunday in Hell (Danish: En Forårsdag i Helvede) is a documentary film covering the 1976 Paris-Roubaix bicycle race. It is directed by Danish director Jørgen Leth. The film is considered by many to be one of the best films ever made about professional road cycling.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sunday_in_Hell

10 min clip, might be a spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWTj6H2KKr4

(not a real racer)
    Looks like a good film. Hopefully I can catch it if it comes out on DVD.

Do Over
    Mar 2008
    No luck with Netflix, lousy documentary search tool. Found "American Flyer," however. Great flick with Kevin Costner (the early years - 1985). Very ill guy races across the Colorado Rockies, lots of racing tactics. At the top of my que.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Posted on the news section of this site:

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/bl...film-festival/

The movie debuts tonight at the bicycle film festival in New York. There is a preview on their site that I think is new. There was another preview I've seen, this other preview which I'm pretty sure is newer shows interviews and race footage - gives a better glimpse of what the movie is like.

I can't wait to get my hands on a DVD of it. Looks awesome!

Do Over
    Mar 2008

Bicycle Film Festival

A Bicycle Film Festival in New York ? Who knew? What - - maybe three films at the most? Seriously though. The film documents a piece of history... it's all good!

It looks like we missed a great party - Bicycle Beauty Pageant! WTF! Why can't you ever get a date when you need one, or a private jet to get there, or tickets for good seats or, or.......
    Last edited by trekkie7; 06-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    The spirited horse, which will try to win the race of its own accord, will run even faster if encouraged. Ovid