RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

Rocket 7 road shoe reviews - got any?

I am curious to learn more about the Rocket 7 shoes. Does any body have any review info? There are none posted in the review section on this site. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmons
    Does any body have any review info?
    No first hand knowledge of these shoes, here is a link to a review from a couple of years ago. Also, the latest issue of Bicycling magazine has a shoe review in it. They did a very small blurb on the Rocket 7.

Bike Addict
    I got a pair when I felt rich a couple years ago! My feet were going numb in my Carnac's, one of my teamates had a pair of the Rockets and I thought my feet were worth the price of custom shoes.
    They sent somethign for me to step in to get a mold of my feet. The shoes are REALLY light. Bike magazine just did a reveiw if you want the weight, but I think they were the lightest shoes by a lot of grams. They are real comfortable as well. So if the $$ is no problem get them. Just remember you can get a killer pair of non custom shoes for 1/2 the price. Fell free to e-mail if you want more information or a pic
    Ride to eat, eat to ride.

I miss Greg.

Tremendous!

I tried almost every type of shoe on the market: Nike, Diadora, Adidas, Sidi, Carnac, Northwave (Thank God that I worked in a shop at the time, otherwise I would be totally broke!). None of them fit me without numbness or pressure points, so I went ahead and sprang for the Rocket 7s.

My pair have lasted for six years now and are still going strong. Not only are they durable, but they are incredibly light as well. At the time I bought mine, Rocket 7 only did full custom, so these shoes fit me exactly right. There are times that I worry about when I will have to buy the next pair (the price has jumped from about $500 to about $800 for full custom) , but until then I can actually ride without pain or numbness.

In short, I think they were the best cycling-related product that I have ever bought. And no, I don't work for them!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Rocket 7

I'm thinking of going the full custom Rocket 7 route. I was wondering if anyone has a pair with custom orthodics made seperately and then had Rocket 7 build a shoe around them, or did you have Rocket 7 make the orthodic as well. I have specific foot issues that will require a custom orthodic and thought it should be made locally in order to insure it responds to my foot issues, does anyone know if this is how Rocket 7 works? I'll give them a call, just wondering what others experiences were. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Mine have been ordered and will arrive in three weeks or so. I'll let you know then.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Full Custom?

Timmons, did you order full custom/prescription? I will need to have an orthodic made first and the shoe built around it to allow the proper volume to allow for the orthodic and my hammer toes. Quite the process! Good luck with yours, let us know how they work out when you receive them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

Don't remember

I don't remember what the process I chose is called. It was their std recommended method, where they sent me the foam inprint boxes, I pressed my feet into them and they'll build the shoe off of that. I wear arch supports in most of my shoes and that helps (especially for tennis and volleyball) so I know I need a higher arch in my shoes, but I've never had custom orthotics made. I expect this process will be ample custom work for my needs and I'll report back as to how I like them upon initial use and longer term as well.