RoadBikeReview Member

Rolling on a Trek 5200 now

I have been watching CL for a while now for a deal on a bit faster bike then my Diamondback Insight Hybrid, I have been riding the DB for about 3 months 4-5 times a week around 15 miles a night and usually a 30 mile ride on weekends. That being said I found this 2004 5200 on CL. The bike ended up being flawless and looks absolutely new, guy said he had probably ridden it all of 200 miles and it looks like it! He was the original owner and came with all the paperwork from new. I don't have a computer on it yet and rode about 15 miles last night and get back to see what times I had run on my Strava only to find out for some reason it did not record I was bummed. LOL Oh well see what happens tonight .Here is a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolling on a Trek 5200 now-5f85he5m53g83ib3lec936480d1f41de815a1.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    nice bike!

I used to have a 5500 nude carbon just like yours

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I was the fastest I ever was on a 5200, I loved that bike. Enjoy.
    Miles of agony for moments of ahhh!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sick looking bike, dude. Enjoy it!

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    Thats a good looking bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Not going to go very fast on that tiny little chaining.

That thing has a triple. I would get my money back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Sweet! Looks similar to my 5000. She's beggin for miles from the looks of it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    That's a nice bike. If I might make a suggestion. Be appreciative of the ride quality, don't worry about the speed. The speed is in your legs not the bike. It's a really nice ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks guys just got back from my second 12 mile nightly ride on it, yes it is very smooth compared to my aluminum DB, gonna be fun switching back and forth. I wiped it all down and did a few adjustments to it before riding tonight and can't believe how absolutely new it looks the PO took very good care of it and never put a scratch on it including the wheels, I gave $800 for it and it will serve me well till I get that itch again. Tonight my Strava worked and I rode one of my 12.5 mile loops about 6 minutes faster and my average speed jumped just over 2 miles an hour to 17.2 . I would have never guessed a year ago I would be cycling like this now but I have lost 24 lbs in the last 4 months 218 down to 194 now and can't wait to ride the next day. ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Swing'n
    It ain't rocket surgery. Buy everything on sale, pedal when you have too, coast when you can, and get home in one piece. Keep going forward - there is no reverse.

OGWB

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    That's a lovely ride. treat it well and it will provide you with many many enjoyable riding hrs.

wouter.