Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFroller View Post
    Kontact, I value your contributions.
    But laying into people like 11spd does?
    Why would you do that? It's a waste of energy.
    Energy you should spend on useful info for the rest of us.
    Ignore the playground bullies.
    I've kicked a few of them in the balls when I was young. I've put my nails in their face.
    I was wrong.
    The playground bully craves attention. He fears the moment he's isn't getting it anymore. Don't give it to him.
    That isn't a solution. Plenty of people seem to be perfectly happy to tolerate 11spd, converse with him and even egg him on, since he is selective in who he attacks, compliments or grovels to. And I really can't avoid his insults via the ignore feature since it doesn't hide anything that is quoted.

This forum has rules about how we treat each other, and those rules are to prevent harassment so people want to interact. 11spd is a harasser, and if this was a business he would have been fired.

We don't have to fawn over each other or never disagree. CX and I disagree about stuff but neither of us has ever defamed the other about it.

If members like 11spd's antics, then they are voting with their posts when they treat a troll like a regular participant. And when the forum's old members leave RBR for Paceline, Bikeforum or Velocipede Salon they are also voting to let the trolls and troll fans have RBR. I read or participate in all four, and this place has gone from one of the busiest to the dead in a relatively short time. You can blame me for my half of the 'bickering', but I don't seem to be depopulating the other forums I participate on. 11spd isn't damaging RBR by himself, but the way he is tolerated clearly shows what is becoming normal.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Ignore him, take a break and there is also nothing wrong in letting someone else have the last word, even if it's fingers in ears and blowing raspberries. State your opinion and just let other readers ponder that.Most of us are here for information not to support this poster over that poster. No one will think less of you for letting an idiot be idiotic. You are trying to win an argument on the internet. Forums aren't debates. The world isn't fair. Good luck.
    It isn't a question of anyone thinking less of me. I have a right to participate here without being harassed. Every time you chide me for not being the better man you are validating the troll's existence. Do you use the Report button as often as you post criticisms of my intolerance for the trolling?

You don't have to turn a blind eye to harassers. This is your forum, too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    This forum has rules about how we treat each other, and those rules are to prevent harassment so people want to interact. 11spd is a harasser, and if this was a business he would have been fired.
    In my organisation, he would have been fired a long time ago. Harass people once, you get a warning. Harass people twice, you're walked out of the place by four security guys - "We'll take care of your stuff sir, now please keep walking".

But this is not an organisation, and nothing is going to rescue this forum if the 11spd's of this world are allowed to run amok. Not even you.

To be fair, sometimes his contributions are valuable as well. But things turn sour easily with him.

In fact, he makes me think of cyclists I've known, who were suspected to juice themselves up a bit with interesting substances. Nice guys, fast riders, but slightly unbalanced, with sudden bouts of aggression. Did they really taste the juices? I don't know, they never tell you. But you learn never to measure yourself against them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFroller View Post
    But this is not an organisation, and nothing is going to rescue this forum if the 11spd's of this world are allowed to run amok. Not even you.
    Nothing I can do by myself is going to stop a troll where he is made welcome. But 11spd is allowed to run amok by moderators and every member who ignores his abuses.

I don't care if anyone is "right" or wrong in their opinions, but I'm simply not going to tolerate harassers, and I don't understand why other people do. If every person who unsuccessfully tried to counsel 11spd to behave used the report button, we wouldn't have another bicycle topic thread turned into a discussion about why this forum is failing.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    If we all ignore him will he just talk to nobody?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tihsepa View Post
    If we all ignore him will he just talk to nobody?
    Probably for a little while, then he'll get bored. But some people like his behavior and are happy to interact and even Rep him for it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Probably for a little while, then he'll get bored. But some people like his behavior and are happy to interact and even Rep him for it.
    Not me, dude.

The fact is you are just giving 11sp ammo every time you respond angrily to him. He gets a hard-on from that. Trolls need food and you are feeding him. You're an enabler of sorts.

The other thing is when you two get into a long-winded bickering match, that makes you both look equally stupid unless someone takes the time to read through each and every one of these posts in its entirety. And I can almost guarantee you that not many have read through each post in its entirety. Even on a rainy Sunday, I think most would become bored.
    Last edited by Lombard; 1 Week Ago at 03:28 PM.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    No me, dude.

The fact is you are just giving 11sp ammo every time you respond angrily to him. He gets a hard-on from that. Trolls need food and you are feeding him. You're an enabler of sorts.

The other thing is when you two get into a long-winded bickering match, that makes you both look equally stupid unless someone takes the time to read through each and every one of these posts in its entirety. And I can almost guarantee you that not many have read through each post in its entirety. Even on a rainy Sunday, I think most would become bored.
    All true. But how many insults to my intelligence, experience or even height do you think I should have to tolerate to carry on a conversation here? How many insults would you tolerate?

How can someone judge the information posted here if one person makes it sound like the experienced, intelligent people are actually idiots while bragging about their own educations?

RoadBikeReview Member
    All true. But how many insults to my intelligence, experience or even height do you think I should have to tolerate to carry on a conversation here? How many insults would you tolerate?
    I would go away.
    Last edited by Lombard; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 PM.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why are you still on this thread? You made your point over and over and over. What are you waiting for? There is no golden shower in RBR.com.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Why are you still on this thread? You made your point over and over and over. What are you waiting for? There is no golden shower in RBR.com.
    Why have you become my watchdog? Why do you continually try to correct my reactions to trolls?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why have you become my watchdog? Why do you continually try to correct my reactions to trolls?
    Don't you realize how foolish you are making yourself look? You're being just as belligerent as 11sp. "Bobby called me a bad name, aren't you going to punish Bobby?" Just stay away from Bobby and move on.

-- Warren Buffett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Don't you realize how foolish you are making yourself look? You're being just as belligerent as 11sp. "Bobby called me a bad name, aren't you going to punish Bobby?" Just stay away from Bobby and move on.
    I'm making a fuss. Deliberately, consciously and obviously. I didn't cause this situation, and it isn't going away if I just hold my nose and take it. So if everyone is okay with the status quo, THIS is the status quo.

RoadBikeReview Member

How can someone judge the information posted here if one person makes it sound like the experienced, intelligent people are actually idiots while bragging about their own educations?
    Can I interrupt your self absorbed, sniveling diatribe...the likes I have never seen on any public forum other to say, I have never witnessed a more thin skinned hilarious display of short man's disease. Worse dose ever...lol. Honestly, this is the most comical self pitying and self loathing string of posts...has to be. No words to explain how anybody would think anybody would give a rip about your hurt feelings....a guy who has a hissy fit anytime your nail polish gets a chip. Do you have cancer or heart disease?...lol. God the playground must have been brutal on you. Hell, I used to defend pathetic wimpering cowards like you and for what?
    Where is your sense of dignity? What a selfish multipost rant defacing this forum.

If you had a scintilla of decency you would slither away like nobody noticed you in gym class when you were the last pint sized dope picked...lol.

How's that guys? Good for another 10 posts of self loathing from Contact?
    What were we talking about again? Oh it was forks..that's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfs8LD-GS8
    Last edited by 11spd; 1 Week Ago at 05:40 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just ignore him and move on - any smart person can see through the fog on this one, it's pretty obvious who's the fool in this thread, don't feed the troll.

The OP wasn't asking for advice, he was just letting folks know of a potential safety hazard with a certain frame and left long ago - this thread isn't serving any purpose at this point, should have been closed long ago IMHO
    Moderation is boring - do epic s##t

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Just ignore him and move on - any smart person can see through the fog on this one, it's pretty obvious who's the fool in this thread, don't feed the troll.
    As long as people continue to quote him, I'll be unable to ignore his personal attacks.

And I shouldn't have to. Which is the point - this is supposed to be a polite place to discuss bikes, not the Thunderdome.

Since I'm not taking the generous advice offered, why not ask 11spd to change his behavior? It is almost as if everyone is now afraid of the bully and don't want to cross him.
    Last edited by Kontact; 1 Week Ago at 06:28 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    Can I interrupt your self absorbed, sniveling diatribe...the likes I have never seen on any public forum other to say, I have never witnessed a more thin skinned hilarious display of short man's disease. Worse dose ever...lol. Honestly, this is the most comical self pitying and self loathing string of posts...has to be. No words to explain how anybody would think anybody would give a rip about your hurt feelings....a guy who has a hissy fit anytime your nail polish gets a chip. Do you have cancer or heart disease?...lol. God the playground must have been brutal on you. Hell, I used to defend pathetic wimpering cowards like you and for what?
    Where is your sense of dignity? What a selfish multipost rant defacing this forum.

If you had a scintilla of decency you would slither away like nobody noticed you in gym class when you were the last pint sized dope picked...lol.

For posterity.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    He was banned once (as Roadworthy), and should be banned again, just on general principles.

If GP isn't a good enough reason, then his personal attacks in this thread should be reason enough...

RoadBikeReview Member
    As long as people continue to quote him, I'll be unable to ignore his personal attacks.

And I shouldn't have to. Which is the point - this is supposed to be a polite place to discuss bikes, not the Thunderdome.

Since I'm not taking the generous advice offered, why not ask 11spd to change his behavior? It is almost as if everyone is now afraid of the bully and don't want to cross him.
    Your delusion is so beyond the pale. I bully nobody on this forum. Name a poster I bully. By contrast, you argue with everybody here. You admit it by not taking any advice given...your quote. You wallow in self pity looking for sympathy and you try to rally support and are surprised when you receive none 'because you are wrong'. Members tell you to shut up and not engage me which is correct advice because its annoying to see such a cowardly display of non-victimhood. In other words, STFU. That's all anybody asks. Did you grow up in a barn with no rules of engagement?...lol. A single response to you, results in selfish multiple posting about being a victim which is only in your demented mind. You need help bro. Sad to see it play out on a public forum. Most notably you insult others with your selfish self loathing wasting bandwidth and not taking advice given.

Do you do volunteer work Kontact? Make an earnest effort to help others? Or is your psyche too wounded from your childhood to help those less fortunate?
    Last edited by 11spd; 1 Week Ago at 03:24 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    It's kinda like the news, you try and ignore the pres, but he just keeps showing up. You're going to have to figure this out or leave.
    BANNED

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    It's kinda like the news, you try and ignore the pres, but he just keeps showing up. You're going to have to figure this out or leave.
    Or, whoever moderates the sub-forum could follow the guidelines spelled out in the Terms of Service:

"We will monitor posting activity of anyone who violates the following guidelines and, if necessary, restrict their ability to post reviews or messages on the site."

General Guidelines

• No insults or personal attacks
    • No profanity or obscene language
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Your delusion is so beyond the pale. I bully nobody on this forum. Name a poster I bully. By contrast, you argue with everybody here. You admit it by not taking any advice given...your quote. You wallow in self pity looking for sympathy and you try to rally support and are surprised when you receive none 'because you are wrong'. Members tell you to shut up and not engage me which is correct advice because its annoying to see such a cowardly display of non-victimhood. In other words, STFU.
    11sp, the only thing helping your case for awhile was that you left the thread. Now that you're back, you're just as bad as Kontact.

Seriously, both of you could use some anger management counseling. Really.

-- Warren Buffett

RoadBikeReview Member
    11sp, the only thing helping your case for awhile was that you left the thread. Now that you're back, you're just as bad as Kontact.

Seriously, both of you could use some anger management counseling. Really.
    Lombard,
    I am the least angry guy you know. Thanks for trying to solve the riddle tho.

I will make an offer to the forum however. If Kontact agrees to go out for the thread, I will as well in the interest of civility and you guys can take the rein.

But we need to hear his agreement. An olive branch of sorts and likely the only tenable solution.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

Enough with the brown nosing. You know exactly what sort of condescending, ad hominem, nasty person you are. People complain directly to you about your behavior and your reputation rating just further shrunk from 4 to 3 today. Two months ago it was 7. No one is sending those sort of signals to me - my rep has gone up in the same period. I'd bet you'd be below zero if it wasn't for people like Velodog who think trolls are funny.

The main criticism I get from people is that I fight back against trolls instead of ignoring their personal digs, appalling manners and gross lies. And they mean you.
    Remember when I posted to knock it off and stay on point? Pepperidge Farm remembers, as will you during your posting vacation.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

I was serious about knocking it off. I know this winter's been tough, but everyone needs to cool off or use the ignore function.

Posting vacation for you as well.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789