RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

saddle recommendation? koobi ?

Any others to consider? From what I have read I will probably get one of these or something comparable soon. The reviews are great. Any specific model Koobi? I have a Specialized seat that is okay but I think I can do better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Specialized Riva saddles---a $29 item---get pretty good reviews too. Your present saddle is OK? Then why switch just because you "think" you can do better?

But hey, it's your money. The fact that my ass loves a certain saddle doesn't guarantee your ass anything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Call them and see what they suggest. Their site is useful. I think there is a 30 day return policy for full refund minus shipping. Butt, so to speak, you will not determine what you like from suggestions/recommendations from other riders. Unfortunately you have to ride the saddle for some time to make a determination. Buying used off Ebay at a price you can get your money back is a good way to try out saddles. Also buying where there is a sufficiently long return period. A few sellers have demo programs such as prostuff.com but the demo period is around a week. I went through six saddles like this the past winter. Kept the SMP and got my money back on the rest. I don't think price is the determining factor. A cheap saddle may work for you or you may love the top end Koobi. Good luck in the hunt.
    "The problem with losing your mind is that by the time you realize it's gone, it's too late to get it back."
    Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    I have several Koobi saddles and think they are very comfortable, but of course, YMMV. It appears the high end models (e.g. Xenon) are manufactured by Selle Italia. Customer service is very responsive, so you might give them a call.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I also have a now outdated Koobi Silver that works fine for me It is about 9 years old and has held up very well. It isn't the lightest, isn't the highest tech but it fits my riding style.
    I don't ride more than 500 miles weekly and have never had a saddle sore.
    The Silver was a medium padded saddle. If I ever have to buy a new Koobi, I may consider a slightly firmer saddle.

I play for keeps
    Quote Originally Posted by Donn12 View Post
    Any others to consider? From what I have read I will probably get one of these or something comparable soon. The reviews are great. Any specific model Koobi? I have a Specialized seat that is okay but I think I can do better.
    What's the reason behind wanting to upgrade?

Have you had your sit bones measured?