RoadBikeReview Member

San Marco Regale and Deda Zero100 combination?

I would like to try the Selle San Marco Regale-racing saddle (the metal rail version) I have a Deda Zero100 seat post

Here is the question: Does anyone know if the seat base will interfere with the somewhat high upper clamp of this post?

The upper clamps are a round “crossbar” and measure 12mm total (outermost end) and with a saddle mounted measure about 9.5mm above the rail

I have heard that San Marco has “lowered” their rail position on their newest saddles, the problem is my local shops do not “stock” a saddle to look at.

I am using a Fizik Arione on the post now and clearance is good (yes I know the Regal will be very different, but I want to try one)

My thanks for info -- Bill

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I have a couple of Regal saddles. They have not lowered the rail position. I've used all kinds of seatposts with my Regal. The width of the clamp is more of a problem because of the skirts. Also getting it back far enough for me.
    Last edited by Dinosaur; 11-14-2009 at 09:25 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks Dino, the width vs the "skirts" is the concern

The cross bars that clamp the rail are not wider than the rails, I am just concerned about them interfering with the skirts

The current photos on the San Marco web site looks like there is reasonable clearance between the rails and saddle base edges

Thank you for your input

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

You are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by tuscanybill
    Thanks Dino, the width vs the "skirts" is the concern

The cross bars that clamp the rail are not wider than the rails, I am just concerned about them interfering with the skirts

The current photos on the San Marco web site looks like there is reasonable clearance between the rails and saddle base edges

Thank you for your input

And I hope the Regal works for you. My fav saddle, also a Rolls lover...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    REGALe Racing & REGALe Carbon FX

Last edited by caterham; 11-15-2009 at 01:03 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The web site photos are pretty good, if they would show the under side the pics may have answered my question

Just to show the "other part" here is a pic of the post, this has been a great post, it clamps very well with little pressure

I had chose it mainly due to the set-back being correct for my current build-up

Attached Images Attached Images