Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Scattante Bicycles

I've seen a lot of Scattantes on the road lately, but cant seem to find an official website for the manufacturer. Am i seriously that technilogically deprived, or do they still need to come into the 21st century?

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ntekrony
    I've seen a lot of Scattantes on the road lately, but cant seem to find an official website for the manufacturer. Am i seriously that technilogically deprived, or do they still need to come into the 21st century?

It's Performance House brand
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

What did you say? Huh?
    Scattante is a house brand--they are sold through Perfromance Bike. So no to both your questions.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

What did you say? Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifelover
    It's Performance House brand
    Dammmm you o Lover of Life!!!
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    So if im following correctly, they're like the equivalent of novara to REI.

And im trouble identifying this particular model http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/679182645.html

monkey with flamethrower
    I think Scattante is Italian slang for 'junk'. There are far better price point bikes out there.
    Chances are, I posted this drunk.

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Lizard
    I think Scattante is Italian slang for 'junk'. There are far better price point bikes out there.

don't slander old man scattante's name like that

Does it matter?
    So if im following correctly, they're like the equivalent of novara to REI.

And im trouble identifying this particular model http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/679182645.html
    Maybe the guy built up the frameset. This one is probably what the frameset it

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=3020

I built up one of these framesets (without the carbon stays though), and it's a very good riding bike.

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    I just sold my 2005 Scattante CFR today for $800.00, with almost 3,000 miles on it (paid a bit more than $1,600 for it new back in 2005). Id like to say that it will be missed, but my new 2008 Ridley Damocles has made a real soft spot in my heart.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Save up your money and buy a recognized "name brand" bicycle. Chances are you'll get more of a return on your investment when (and if) you decide to sell it in the future.

That said, I'm a big fan of purchasing used bikes from either Ebay or Craig's List. Bikes generally have a pretty steep depreciation curve. However, caveat emptor, especially if you're not comfortable buying someone's "pre-owned" bike. A safer alternative is seeing if anybody in your local bike club is looking to sell, or if your LBS offers used bikes.
    Bill in Pasadena

Air Force
    I believe that Scattante's carbon frames are made by Fuji. They are really not a bad deal especially with Performance's service and return policies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I rode and raced one for 2 years while I saved for a new bike. Not one thing wrong with em. They ride and handle great. They come out of the same factories as a lot of "name brand" bikes.

Let your riding speak for you not the name on the frame...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003

Supergo

I believe, they used to be Supergo's house brand until Performance bought them.

I bought one up for an exgirlfriend. It was a great bike for the money and would have no problems riding one myself.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

Google is your friend...5th hit on the Google search for "Scattante" brings up Performance Bike, and the previous 4 all mention that it's a Performance brand...

As others have said here before, nothing really special but nothing really bad either. The aluminum frames make good crit bikes with Rival or 105 ...the type you don't really mind crashing in a race. I don't remember who manufactured the previous versions of the CFRs but the 2008s are made by ADK out of the same mold (not necessarily the same grade of CF)as the Pedal Force ZX3 and some of the Max Lelli bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just got a fancy platinum series flyer from performance with my last order.
    Next to last page is a Scattante CFR Team. I would not be ashamed to ride
    that bike. Everything is relative.
    All I said was that our son, the apple of our three eyes, Martha being a cyclops, our son is a beanbag, and you get testy!

Bickety bam!
    Jun 2004

Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by SEK82089
    I believe that Scattante's carbon frames are made by Fuji. They are really not a bad deal especially with Performance's service and return policies.
    Nope, Scattante is made by the same no named Taiwan company that makes Orbea carbon frames. Actually, whatever the high end Scattante is, is essentially the same frame as an Orbea Orca, except with some minor geometry chances, and a few other nice things left off to make it cheaper.

The bikes, in my opinion, ride like crap. I don't like them. Their angles are a bit off for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolialover
    Nope, Scattante is made by the same no named Taiwan company that makes Orbea carbon frames. Actually, whatever the high end Scattante is, is essentially the same frame as an Orbea Orca, except with some minor geometry chances, and a few other nice things left off to make it cheaper.

The bikes, in my opinion, ride like crap. I don't like them. Their angles are a bit off for me.
    Not the new carbon ones...they are now made by ADK. See my previous post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    I have three and love them all. Sure they don't have the "name" but its fun passing someone poser on a bike that costs way more. My "Americano" came with a Fuji build sheet in the box. My R-650 frame is nearly identical to my buddies Fuji. With coupons and sales, you get the complete bikes for the cost of components. However in my view they are smokin bargains. If you are a bike snob, they aren't for you.

now in philadelphia
    Nov 2007
    i have the ssr fixed gear steel frame. nice frame!

RoadBikeRider

My Scattante

This is my temporary (or is it?) bike while the Litespeed is in the shop...somewhere in Idaho with a busted frame. Used most of the parts off the LS. A little heftier than the Ti frame but it beats riding my daughter's pink bike.
    Last edited by andulong; 10-17-2008 at 05:38 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    I bought a Scattante CFR Elite last fall on sale for $1300. It's a great value. It rides and handles extremely well for the money. I'd highly recommend it for any recreational rider. I don't race, so I can't comment on how well it might serve that purpose.

This bike exceeded my expectations. While, I would prefer a nice paint job or different decals from an aesthetic standpoint, I'm happy with the bike.

BTW, I put on a better wheel set from Neuvation and got Schwalbe Ultremo tires which were icing on the cake.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I bought a 2005 CFR of Craig's List in February for $900. The guy was a tinkerer and totally pimped the thing out in carbon and Ti and I added Easton Tempest II wheels. It weighs in at just under 17 lbs. It's stiff, responsive, good looking and fast. I'll ride that bike with anyone, anywhere.

high plains drifter
    I went on a ride last weekend and one of the guys rode one and he was the first to the top and the first to the bottom this guy hauled a$$.Some how I don't think the bike had everything to do with it.
    LOKER

Stumpcake!
    I've got no problem with their bikes or framesets. What I can't stand is the dang name. Scattante sounds too much like a name some American reject marketing person came up with to try to sound ultra Italian/European. It sounds much too contrived. I google languaged Scattante in Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Danish and a few other languages and it does appear to be a made up word/name.

Scat, Scatt, SCT, STT, Sante would all have been much better choices. It's amazing to me that they just didn't use Scattantecalifriagilisticexpialidocious. That must've been their second choice.

/I know, I know. I can be quite shallow at times.
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mateoway
    I went on a ride last weekend and one of the guys rode one and he was the first to the top and the first to the bottom this guy hauled a$$.Some how I don't think the bike had everything to do with it.
    Like he saw - the bike didn't hold they guy back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast