RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

Scott Addict 10 2014 Fork enquiry.

Hi, guys. Kenneth from Malaysia. I currently ride a Scott Addict 10 2014. Recently I discovered certain lines on my front forks. The frame is a matt black raw type. I contacted the Scott dealers and their mechanics said this was normal, and another said it was the carbon top layer joint lines. I did the finger nail test and the surface was smooth. I also lightly sanded down a bit of the line and it was not there anymore. Any advise, comments? Any of you guys out there face this? Thanks guys. PS : Please rotate the photo, 😊
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scott Addict 10 2014 Fork enquiry.-dsc_0703.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Usually fork failures occur at the steerer or dropouts barring other factors. Did you get hit or has there been some impact damage like hitting a large pothole or curb?? If not, then just ride it because you've already done the right steps contacting Scott. But do keep an eye on it just in case.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Hi, Stan. Nope I've not hit a large pothole or curb or anything like. Just took a tumble a long time ago making a u turn and that was very slow and on the other side. Thanks so much for the advice, it's put my mind at ease. Just like you said I'll still keep an eye on it. Thanks so much Bro, much appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Funny enough, is I own a Scott Foil that on the frame seat tube has a similar mark. It came that way since brand new. It's probably a bonding place, or overlap of some type of top coat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Hi, the mechanic at the Scott dealer actually told me about certain Scott frames also having marks like mine at the seat post so we are both in the clear. Thanks for feedback, much appreciated 😊