Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaving the taint / betweenus / perinium

48K views 84 replies 49 participants last post by  qatarbhoy 
#1 ·
Ok so it's time to just put this out there - who shaves their taint? And for that matter, if you shave your legs, where do you stop?
I've been riding for about 4 years unshaved now, and my posterior has been a major source of irritation for me. I used to think it was my seat bones, but now as i really dial in my fit, i'm starting to wonder :idea: is it simply a matter of follicle irritation? I feel that, essentially, where i need to sit for my seat bones to be properly oriented causes the fleshy bits pain. Were this not a consistent 4-year problem, I would chalk it up to lack of conditioning tenderness.

Pros and cons of shaving 'twixt your legs, and who's done it?? And is there a way to do it without going spread eagle with clippers in front of a floor mirror...

#37 ·
When I first heard of the 'back, sack and crack' I thought it was a joke. Apparently not.

I have heard of barbers on the Indian subcontinent who will trim a customer's anal hairs. My barbers for the past 8 years have all hailed from that region: just a short back and sides for me, thanks all the same.

#44 ·
Have you ever wondered what Roger de Vlaminck did with the Philips after Jørgen Leth shut down his camera in "A Sunday in Hell"?

#52 ·
It's obvious.

EPILADY LEGEND

The product description goes like this....
Epilady Legend is the ultimate rechargeable epilator for fast and thorough hair removal. (Sounds good so far, huh?) New, quiet, wide epilating head ensures fast and smooth eplilating action at virtually any angle. (Guess it'll get all those hard to reach areas, huh?) Removes even the shortest and finest hair by the root, leaving skin smooth for up to four weeks. (And who doesn't want to get their hair yanked out by the roots once a month?) At full speed the Legend eplilator, with its forty tweezing discs, creates thirty-two thousand tweezes per minute! (Sounds like a party to me) Ergonomic design including rubber touch at gripping points to ensure a firm and non-slip hold. (Don't want that thing getting away from you. Apparently, that baby has some torque) Two operating speeds. (Bald and Balder) Kit includes.....blah, blah, blah. (Who needs instruction, you're a guy. Just cram it in there and let her rip)

In the words of the poet Sir Thomas Waits;
Slices, dices, fillets and chops. Lasts a lifetime, never stops. And it mows your lawn.

Or maybe, you just need a salad spinner, 'cause it sounds like you're gonna get your salad tossed.

OP, however this works out for you, please don't feel the need to share. Thanks :D

#54 ·
Just use an Epilator on the offending area. What could go wrong?

#60 ·
something threads should never see the light of day ....
reminds me of a discussion with my ex wife. She was telling me about when she was studying to be a beautican. A hands on class, while doing brazillians. A young girl was waxing a customer and too much whatever. When she ripped the strip off everything else internally was ripped out. Ambulance.....hospital....and micro surgery later......brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. So somethings are best left untouched or left to the professionals.
Hey i digress, something about mary......beans and franks !!

#62 ·
I've shaved that whole general vicinity, and it is better. Cleans better, easier. Hair absorbs odor, you really want a bunch of odor absorbing hair in that area? Also, for running at least, it reduced irritation, I haven't really had problems with with that while cycling, so no change there for me. Its worth trying it, if you don't like it, it'll grow back in a week. I used the Norelco Body Groom, doesn't get super close, but its also pretty safe, still be careful around any loose bits.

#65 ·
Bravo to the gentleman who crafted post #15. In all my years on the internet and all the forums I have read that has to be the absolute number one piss pants laugher I've ever read. At this point I want to read it again just for the hilarity but I can't because my abs hurt from reading it the first time all the way through.

I tip my hat to you sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.