RoadBikeReview Member

Showing school spirit

I know to some this will look like Fred gear, but I got this today and thought it was pretty cool

Anyone else get any unique gear for Christmas or as a gift?
    Specialized Allez Comp Apex- '12 56cm
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro- '12 56cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gte105u View Post
    I know to some this will look like Fred gear, but I got this today and thought it was pretty cool...Anyone else get any unique gear for Christmas or as a gift?
    Not Fredish at all. I like it.
    GT BCHE '79
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanE View Post
    Not Fredish at all. I like it.
    GT BCHE '79
    Decent jersey. Probably not something you would wear on race day, but for a club ride it shows some flare. I'm an '05 Alumni, BSBC.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    IMO it looks nice.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Is that the Adrenaline Promotions brand? I tried one of their college jerseys and the sizing was way big... I normally wear a medium jersey but in their brand I need to wear a small. Otherwise, I say this is NOT fred, it's school pride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin G View Post
    Is that the Adrenaline Promotions brand? I tried one of their college jerseys and the sizing was way big... I normally wear a medium jersey but in their brand I need to wear a small. Otherwise, I say this is NOT fred, it's school pride.
    Yeah, it is Adrenaline. I got a size large, I typically wear a M or L depending on the brand. It is a little bigger than many would want their jersey, but not out of line. Fabric is not quite as soft as some jerseys out there either. You are definitely paying for the uniqueness of the item vs. quality (quality is fine, but from the prices they charge it would be more in line with a jersey in the $50 or so range, not $80-90). But overall I think it is pretty cool. No point in wearing it now though, don't think anyone would notice it below 3 layers in 25 degree weather.

Proud luddite
    I like it....except for the fact that it's a GA Tech jersey! I have a Univ. of North Carolinia jersey with the same design, so I do like mine a bit more than yours.

My son attends Seattle University and he ordered me a jersey for Christmas from their bicycling club. I'm looking forward to wearing that soon.....much better than the mundane "proud parent" bumper sticker on my car.

RoadBikeReview Member

Not a gift, but...

I'll occasionally break out my school kit, especially on football Saturdays...

MSU kit by HSalas, on Flickr
    A scary thing heard at the Driver's License office:
    "No sir, those are numbers..."

Token Sprinter
    Well, looks like a good place for me to follow that MSU kit up with my school's kit taken before last fall's home collegiate xc mountain bike race. I'm the fellow on the right.

Showing school spirit-lekit.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showing school spirit-img_20120724_132304.jpg  
    Amassing Miles - My Little Cycling Blog

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm not a college graduate but here's a jersey showing organizational spirit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showing school spirit-screen-shot-2012-12-28-9.09.30-am.jpg