Witty custom user title

Sidi Ergo 2 carbon lite sizing?

I'm looking to upgrade to this shoe and am kind of finding mixed reviews on sizing. I have an older pair of Genius 5's in a size 44, and they're borderline snug with my aftermarket insole - but they still fit for the most part. I've read that the Ergo 2 runs more narrow, and some have even suggested going up a full size...can anyone confirm? I unfortunately do not have anywhere to go try these on in an LBS, and will need to order online.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Going up? This really confuses me.

Here is what I can tell you:

I wear Genius 6.6s from 2007 in size 43. I've used both the Sidi insole and now use Super Feet yellows (which I really like). They fit me well and I've liked them.

I ordered some 2010 Ergo 2s in 43. Way way too big. I'm now in size 42s and they fit well, though I'm still working on cleat placement.

My Geniuses are snug in the width. I have narrow feet and they fit well. My Ergo 2's might be even more snug in the width, but not in a bad way. I have the normal width in both.

I can't imagine sizing up, as I went down a full size, but hey...I guess everyone has different feet. If you are ordering online sometimes it is a good idea/trick to order two sizes so you only have to pay the $11 or so shipping once, then you can ship one pair back as cheaply as possible. I had to ship some back to the UK and it cost $21. That sucked.

Witty custom user title
    Hmm...also interesting. I would say I have wider feet. Not exactly in need of megas, but a little wider nonetheless. My Genius 5's in the regular width seem to fit well enough width-wise. Might I have a problem with the Ergos in this regard?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Tough to say exactly. I do have a very narrow foot, but Sidis tend to be pretty narrow. I have a normal width in both models. My Geniuses fit me well in the width, not too wide, not too narrow. I pull the straps down in a mid-range, not needing to really pull them down to make them snug. And, when I started using the Super Feet I actually need to leave them pretty loose (the straps) because this footbed it much more articulated than the stock insole.

The Ergo 2's just seem even better to me, fitting almost like a slipper. I really don't have to pull the straps down much at all. (On some sneakers or soccer cleats if I want to get them tight the two sides of the shoe nearly meet when I pull the laces up). The Ergos just seem even tighter, in a good way. Nice and snug on your foot, though I still do like wearing my Geniuses as they really seem to have formed to my foot.

Again, I can't imagine sizing up, as I went down an entire size. I wear mid-weight socks, not the ultra thin cycling socks, since my foot is so narrow. Works well for me, but again, I haven't gotten my cleats just right yet so still getting some foot numbness.

I don't think you'll have a problem with the Ergos being too narrow, but they might really fit you like a ballerina slipper. Not a bad thing, as long as it doesn't cut off blow flow.

Tough call, but I've also had to learn the hard way by ordering something, waiting for it to arrive, then having it not fit and having to order/wait all over again. A good strategy for this is to order two sizes, try both on, send one back, especially if you are getting free shipping to you.

Good luck.