RoadBikeReview Member

Sidi Genius 6.6 mega with speedplay

anyone use speedplay with sidi genius 6.6 carbon light- Im a newbie and want to use speedplay but these are the only shoes I can find that fit- the speedplay version of the shoe does not come in mega- is there a disadvantage to use an adapter ? I know from reading on this forum that there will be an additional hight / stack.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    I use speedplay pedals with Sidi Genius 5.5 megas. I don't think the 3.5mm adapter thickness is that significant if you compare the stack against other pedal systems.
    Jim Purdy - Mansfield, TX

RoadBikeReview Member
    JimP - thanks for the help- I will use the adapter and the Sidi's- thanks much

RoadBikeReview Member
    Looks like Sidi make a model call FIVE - this must be a newer verion of the 5 pro and they come in Mega- i can't find them on the official Sidi website but they have them at backcountry.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Sidi Genius 5 Pro at Performance.com

Sidi Genius 5 Pro Carbon Mega Road Shoes - Road Bike Shoes

RoadBikeReview Member
    anyone own a pair of the Sidi FIVE - im wondering if they fit similar to the Genius 5 pro ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    if you google "sidi five shoe" a website called realcycle shows up- i tried to post a link but cant get it to work- this shoe is different and one site shows that it is new for 2013 ?? I think you might be correct Jennifer that it might be stiffer ?

Har
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    I have been a long user of Sidi Genius 5, mega, after 2 pairs of Genius 5 i saw a deal on Genius 5.5 carbon mega, before i pulled the trigger i asked the company that had them for sale 2 times if they would fit like my Genius 5 and they said they would be exactly the same. I have had them 2 seasons and i am not convincwed they are exact, they are good and even at the sale price i have continued to use them but i have never felt that they are exactly the same fit. My next pair I will go back to the Genius 5. Love that shoe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    i got a pair of the FIVE and they are very stiff and I will be returning them- they are not very comfortable for me- the Genius 5 are much more supple and flexible- the FIVE's leather is very stiff and shinny...the bottom shoe in this pic is the FIVE
    Attached Images Attached Images