RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Sigma ROX 8.0 Wireless Compute​r feedback

I did a search and didn't find anything. Does anybody have any feedback on the Sigma ROX 8.0 Wireless Compute​r?, thinking of picking one up. i want something that does the heart rate and cadence.

http://www.sigmasport.com/us/produkt...ox_80/?flash=1

Was also looking at the garmin edge 305 if i can find a good deal on one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    I've had mine since Jan. 2010 with a lot of use/experience. For what it offers, and the price i paid it's good. Some of the alimiter functions are better/better thought out than my privious computer w/ altimiter--VDO MC1.0+ (the home altitude function is a very good idea). So far it works better in the rain than my VDO MC1.0+. The HR has 3 zones. The battary needed changing at approx. 1500 miles.

Sigma's mounts are very good, and can be removed/remounted quite easily.

In fact the only gripe I'd give is a somewhat intersting one. Sometimes the screen will freeze and show the same data while the bike is in motion. So all the data will get "stuck" on the screen for 20-30 seconds, and then will "catch up" to what's actually been going on. It's as if the computer's still computing while the screen waits to fix itself. In the end, all the data will end up being accurate, but occasionally it can be irritating if you're looking for specific information at a specific moment. (i.e. current gradient or current bpm)

All things said, I'd say it's a good computer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Search for Rox 9.0. Same computer with software and computer connection to download the data. Most people must sping for the downloading capability of the 9.0. I have had a 9.0 for more than a year and really like it. There are some quirks, but it's a great computer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by av8torjim
    Search for Rox 9.0. Same computer with software and computer connection to download the data. Most people must sping for the downloading capability of the 9.0. I have had a 9.0 for more than a year and really like it. There are some quirks, but it's a great computer.
    +1

a few quirks but it is nice..

odd that the bike computer stats are a bit different when you down load it to your home computer. Wonder why they are not exactly the same. Like max mph--- is lower in my desk top computer stats by about .5 mph diffeence. Also the Temp gauge in the bike computer is always 9-10 higher than it really is outside.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Thx. for the feedback guys