chamois creme addict

Sizing questions for Rapha/Gore Bike Wear

I know, I know these clothing sizing questions are annoying! I am hoping someone can give me some opinion on sizing for Rapha and Gore. I am shopping for a new thermal jacket and some bib tights, along with a new LS jersey and maybe a new vest as well. Too much time on my hands as I rehab my shoulder after a nasty spill 2 weeks ago.

It seems like I am a tweener in sizing for both of these companies, between M and L. I have tried some Gore stuff locally and for example I fit M in the Phantom jacket nicely, but in the Countdown vest the M feels pretty snug. I am interested more in the Xenon jacket and tights, I know this is their "tight" fit so I wonder if I might need to L in the jacket but I am worried the arm length will be excessive. I probably need L in the tights for length. I have no idea on Rapha sizing as I have not tried any of their kit on, by their size charts it looks like I could do M. Should note that I like my kit to be snug in fit.

Would love any opinions from guys around my size: 6 feet tall, 33 inch waist, 38 chest, 32.5 inseam, 170 lbs (and growing with each day off the bike!). For reference I am size L upper/lower in Assos, size M upper/lower in Garneau, size L upper/lower in Capo (though I find their stuff varies in size badly).

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    I am 6'3" tall and wear the medium jersey large knicks with Rapha.
    The jersey cut is long at the back but this is AOK while on the bike.
    I would actually think you may get away with a small if you like a tighter fitting jersey.

No experience with Gore.

RoadBikeReview Member
    FWIW, I wear a L Gore Phantom II jacket and XL in Gore tights and XL Rapha jackets, bibs and jerseys.

I find that the Gore tights are not as flexible/stretchy as other tights/knickers I've used. They are warm and windproof but tight at the joints.

Old, slow, and fat.
    If you look at the Gore catalog, they have little 'fit icons' next to all their jackets/vests, etc. The Oxygen jacket is slim fit, the same stuff in a different model is more 'club fit' so it all depends on how you're built.

I have a lg Oxygen jacket at 5'8" 170# and its not loose by any stretch.

HTH

M
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

Not a climber
    I'm 5'11" and 190. Had to get the XL Gore tights (not bibs, these go over bibs) because my legs are pretty big and I could barely move in the L tights. Tried on the phantom jacket and a medium fit me perfectly. I wear a L usually in jerseys and bibs, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Best way to go is try them on at an LBS even if you aren't buying there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Yup. You better try some stuff on for yourself. I'm 5'8", 155 pounds and wear a med. in everything Rapha.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I just bought an XL Gore Phantom II jacket. I'm 5'9", 175#, 41" chest, 30-32" inseam, 32" waist, and 16/34 dress shirt. Jacket fits well in chest, slightly loose waist/torso. Arm length is about right. I don't think the L would have fit in chest.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    5'10, 155 lbs wear a small in Rapha.

RoadBikeReview Member
    6'2" and 170lbs w/34" waist and 41" chest. I wear L in Gore jersey, but went with XL for my Phantom jacket so I'd have room for good layering underneath.

I found the Gore L tights were not long enough, but the XL were too big in the waist so I went with PI.
    "It ain't a teacup that the Queen gave you - it's a bike. Ride it!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Any suggestions on Rapha Deep Winter Bib Tight size for someone who is 5'11", 153 - 155 lbs, 32" waist/ 33" inseam with "developed" quads?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    I'm 5'8", 30ish" waist, 150-155 pounds and I sorta have big thighs. I wear a medium. I have extra length in the legs. I think you would be ok with med but see what other people say.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I'm 6'0" and weigh 195lbs and just bought the Gore Oxygen 3 bib tights. Fits me well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Also, if anyone is a first time customer and buying over 50 pounds/75 dollars of Rapha online, I have a coupon code that will give you free shipping and a free cycling cap. It's only for first time customers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    I'm 5'8", 30ish" waist, 150-155 pounds and I sorta have big thighs. I wear a medium. I have extra length in the legs. I think you would be ok with med but see what other people say.
    Thanks, man. 20% off all clothing (except Assos) at Competitive Cyclist right now, so it's a good time to buy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Gore Bib Tights

Quote Originally Posted by lblanch40 View Post
    I'm 6'0" and weigh 195lbs and just bought the Gore Oxygen 3 bib tights. Fits me well.
    Hello ,

can you tell me what size you went with ? I am 6 feet tall, long legged , and weigh 200 pounds. 36 inch waist .

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I bought the XL Gore bib tight.
    Last edited by lblanch40; 12-26-2011 at 05:57 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Gore Bib Tight Sizing for a 6 foot , 200 pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by lblanch40 View Post
    I bought the XL Gore bib tight.
    Thank you -- I am hoping the XL fits me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBus33 View Post
    Thank you -- I am hoping the XL fits me.
    You have, pretty much, the same measurements as me, so I feel the XL will fit you great.