RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010

Smith Pivlock V90 - thoughts, review?

I've been considering purchasing Smith's Pivlock V90. I'm concerned about fogging of lenses since they do not come with vented lenses (like some of the options from Oakley). There is a "hydrophobic coating" similar to what Oakley offers but this will help with smudges and sweat not fogging.

Since fogging is one of my main concerns which is directly influenced by the amount of air flow behind the lenses, and there are no vents on these, I'm somewhat concerned.

Has anyone had any experience with these? Any fogging issues? What about other issues?

Eric

RoadBikeReview Member
    My review is here. No fogging issues. Maybe if standing around a while, but goes away quickly.
    http://www.realcyclist.com/smith-pivlock-v90-sunglasses
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

orlin03
    I am also considering purchasing them for next season (just tried them on last week actually). I've been riding and racing this year with a budget rimless sunglass of a very similar shape & fit and have had no problems with fogging; it is MPO that the open design allows the air to pass over the edges of the lens cleanly and help avoid fogging. I love having no obstruction of view by the frame even when in full crouch.