RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Some fun cycling photos from Buenos Aires..

Just back from a trip to Argentina, and thought that you might enjoy these photos, from the City Musuem of Buenos Aires...This one has a pretty amazing drive train, complete with rack and pinion!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    The museum is a lot of fun--the director has great captions for some of this stuff. Here are two more bikes, and then two old photos:

streamlined cowling just right for your time trial bike:

And check out this drive train, spring loaded with a lever pedal. Wonder why this never caught on:

and finally, two photos. First one captioned: A lot of bike and not much kid...which we on these boards would note: seat too high!

And this last one celebrates the now rare centaurcycle...

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Pretty cool. Thanks.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

waterproof*
    did you get to do any actual riding in the city?
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    No riding in the city. Actually, except forone street Suipacha, designated for cyclists, and a couple of parks, I don't think I would ride in BA. Traffic there is really something else. I have ridden around Mendoza, in the wine country, and that was fine. But BA is much bigger and considerably less organized than NYC...and people on bikes are few and far between.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by balzaccom
    No riding in the city. Actually, except forone street Suipacha, designated for cyclists, and a couple of parks, I don't think I would ride in BA. Traffic there is really something else. I have ridden around Mendoza, in the wine country, and that was fine. But BA is much bigger and considerably less organized than NYC...and people on bikes are few and far between.
    Headed to BA next month. Will spend 3 days there including a guided bike tour (not on our bikes). Will let you know how that works out. It's just a stop over on the way to Bariloche.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice...thanks for sharing these.